Germany denies preparing Deutsche Bank rescue plan
The German government denied it was working on a rescue of Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) as Germany's biggest lender boosted its balance sheet by selling its British insurance business on Wednesday.
Deutsche is facing a $14 billion fine from the U.S. Department of Justice and concerns over its funding pushed its shares to a record low on Tuesday and heightened concerns about the health of the financial sector in Europe's largest economy.
The finance ministry dismissed a newspaper report that a rescue plan was being prepared in case Deutsche was unable to raise capital to pay for costly... read more
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...
- 09:47 Doctor Who season 10: Pearl Mackie told NOT to watch the series
- 09:46 Team’s 10K effort for lifeboat cause
- 09:46 Boston and Skegness MP backs Prime Minister’s EU pledge
- 09:46 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:46 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:46 Food wholesaler Booker Group reveals it enjoyed its best ever sales...
- 09:46 PCSO threatened with knife and cycle is stolen in York
- 09:45 Tesco to stop selling certain beers - but which ones, and why?
- 09:45 Casualty cut out of crashed car by firefighters
- 09:44 Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 09:44 David Haye confirms Jimi Manuwa talks: UFC star wants boxing match...
- 09:44 Where does April Fool’s Day come from?
- 09:44 Tamworth FC's Dyer: 'There is no margin for error'
- 09:43 Trump to meet China's Xi in Florida next week
- 09:43 Arsene Wenger fires warning to Chelsea over Alexis Sanchez pursuit