Germany bans talking doll Cayla, citing security risk
A talking doll named Cayla has been banned by German authorities because the software inside her could be hacked, posing a security risk and allowing personal data to be revealed.
The Federal Network Agency recommended that parents who bought the doll for their children destroy it.
"The Cayla doll is banned in Germany," agency head Jochen Homann said. "This is also about protecting the weakest members of society."
The software in the doll -- created by the U.S. company Genesis Toys -- allows a child to have a conversation with the doll.
But this carried a risk of... read more
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...