German police give all clear after bomb threat in Rastatt
German federal police re-opened a train station in the town of Rastatt in south-west Germany on Tuesday after finding nothing suspicious following a bomb threat.
Police had evacuated and sealed off the train station in Rastatt, south of Karlsruhe, after receiving the threat at around 9.15 local time (0715 GMT), a spokesman said. Sniffer dogs and explosive experts were involved in the search.
Germany is on a heightened state of alert after a Syrian refugee was arrested on Monday after a weekend manhunt on suspicion of planning an Islamist bomb attack.
(Reporting by Caroline Copley; Editing... read more
- 13:14 Germany legend Lothar Matthaus reveals the quality Robert...
- 13:14 Manchester United to face Russian side Rostov in the Europa League
- 13:14 China names southwestern city's former mayor to top legislative...
- 13:13 Corbyn won’t consider his position after historic defeat
- 13:12 27 things that seriously p*ss off anyone who works in a shop
- 13:12 West Brom selection dilemma: The team Tony Pulis could play against...
- 13:12 Couple fined after refusing to remove racist graffiti from their home
- 13:12 Leicester went from top-of-the-world to down-on-their-luck under...
- 13:12 Households paying the price for broken energy sector as electricity...
- 13:12 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:12 Interactive map of the UK reveals the worst motorists by region...
- 13:12 Young dad-to-be who died suddenly will be buried with unborn baby...
- 13:10 Jewellery Quarter office block sold for £9.3m
- 13:10 John Lewis places 770 jobs under threat
- 13:09 Wigston Elvis impersonator stole mother in law's funeral...
- 13:09 Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
- 13:09 Where to taste craft beer in Leicester this weekend
- 13:09 Storm Doris: Dramatic dashcam footage captures moment large tree...
- 13:08 Watford v West Ham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 13:07 Eleven players sign new deals at Saints
- 13:07 Saints make just one change for Worcester Warriors clash
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups
- 13:06 Vietnamese goalkeeper who protested dodgy penalty by letting...