German minister heads to Iran, business ties still limited
German Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel heads to Iran next week with a planeful of industry executives keen to rebuild trade ties, but remaining U.S. sanctions and political concerns are holding back a hoped-for business boom.
Gabriel says a German-Iranian business commission will meet for the first time in 15 years, and forecasts concrete business deals will be announced, but he has also said Tehran must accept Israel's right to exist and stop military support for Syria's President Bashar al-Assad in order to normalise ties.
He is making his second visit to Tehran since the Islamic Republic... read more
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...
- 11:29 Tamworth FC boss Morrell is desperate for consistency