German companies consider taking symbolic stake in Deutsche Bank - source
Some of Germany's top industrial companies have revived a decades-old network to discuss the possibility of taking a symbolic stake in Deutsche Bank, aiming to help it through its current turmoil, an executive at one of the firms told Reuters.
If such a support plan went ahead, it would mark a reversal of roles from the years of the post-war economic miracle till the 1990s, when Deutsche (DBKGn.DE) owned chunks of German industry, coming to the rescue of some that ran into trouble.
The discussions have involved a handful of blue-chip firms, covering whether they should club together to buy... read more
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 08:25 Daimler says expects record sales for Mercedes-Benz cars in first...
- 08:25 Rangers wonderkid urged to snub Chelsea and follow in footsteps of...
- 08:23 Inquest opened on victims of A525 death crash
- 08:22 Council facing 'tremendous' challenge to clear up Doncaster's air
- 08:21 Silk roads and chilled beef - how China is trying to fill a Trump...
- 08:21 Article 50: What does its triggering mean?
- 08:21 Telford flats hit by vandalism
- 08:21 What are the key issues for the Brexit negotiations?
- 08:21 Hospital order made on Shropshire woman who set fire to mother’s home
- 08:21 Sharp rise in Shropshire animal cruelty cases
- 08:21 Poll: Do you agree with plans to limit the number of items allowed...
- 08:20 Brexit's Article 50 to be triggered TODAY - here's what is likely...
- 08:20 Woman and teenager charged in connection with death of Pedro Godinho
- 08:20 Does your wallet or purse contain a new £1 coin worth £250?
- 08:19 The blood bike Bishop who transports vital packages across the region
- 08:19 Kath Cassidy's son pays tribute to the Newcastle United stalwart...
- 08:19 Convictions for cruelty against animals in the North East fall, but...
- 08:19 Crash between car and bike causing tailbacks on A46
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg
- 08:14 Director of Cedar Court Dementia Care Home in Bretby vows to act...
- 08:14 'You behaved like an animal' - Knife-wielding South Yorkshire thug...
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip