GERMAN CAR CRISIS: Nightmare for Merkel as diesel ban to see thousands of jobs LOST
Britain's Government this week announced that sales of new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040.
And France unveiled a similar move earlier this month amid growing momentum to reduce harmful emissions.
But the move is set to hurt Germany's economy, which is heavily reliant on its car industry and one of the biggest exporter of vehicles in the world.
This is because only around 10 per cent of the work force is needed to assemble zero-emmision cars, according to Guy Stephens, technical investment director at Rowan Dartington.
He said: "Germany accounts for 19 per cent of global car... read more
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4
- 09:25 Body found in middle of M20 motorway closes road
- 09:25 Chelsea News: Hazard talks Barcelona draw, Courtois' Real Madrid...
- 09:25 Police find cannabis bush worth £4,000 in house raid in Sheffield
- 09:25 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:25 Eddie Hearn targets August showdown with Jarrell Miller for Anthony...
- 09:24 Why Darkest Hour should win the 2018 best picture Oscar
- 09:23 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:23 Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid forced to interrupt seriously...
- 09:23 First picture of Wolverhampton murder victim Sarbjit Kaur
- 09:22 Barrow woman accused of harassment to appear on trial
- 09:22 Attempted child abduction at Northampton town centre pub
- 09:22 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:22 Brendan Cole age, net worth and was he was sacked from Strictly for...
- 09:22 Lloyds' profits surge to record £5.3bn in the year banking giant...
- 09:21 Reckless scaffolder caught working 60ft high with nothing to stop...
- 09:20 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:19 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:19 Keep our town clean and tidy
- 09:19 The Chorley promoter looking to make waves in the music industry