George Osborne makes £320,000 from speeches
Former chancellor George Osborne made more than £320,000 over 31 days for giving speeches, records show.
Mr Osborne declared payments for six speeches between 27 September and 27 October, including to a US bank and a university.
The Tatton MP was sacked by Theresa May when she became prime minister. He is now a backbencher.
His largest fee was £81,174 from JP Morgan for a speech on 4 October, the register of MPs' interests shows.
A total of seven hours' work was listed for this and another speech for which he was paid £60,578 from JP Morgan.
Mr Osborne signed up to the Washington Speakers'... read more
- 03:40 Westworld recap: season 2, episode 5 – Maeve the merciful
- 03:40 UK must counter 'threats' in space - Williamson
- 03:21 Why the dad bod has to go for the sake of my daughter
- 03:19 'Sharenting' puts young at risk of online fraud
- 03:06 Girl loses fingers in school art lesson
- 02:33 Australian tourist dies in New Zealand rafting accident
- 02:19 UK airports with worst departing flight delays revealed
- 02:11 TOWIE: Courtney Green screams 'no one likes you' at Jordan Wright...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Jenna Dewan dominates the red carpet in gladiator...
- 02:11 George Clooney 'danced with Meghan Markle AND Duchess Catherine at...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Demi Lovato shows off her wild side with a...
- 02:11 A Very English Scandal viewers can't forget Ben Whishaw as the...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Christina Aguilera leads the worst dressed in...
- 02:11 Simon Cowell's son Eric, 4, puts on a hilarious display as he...
- 02:11 Taylor Swift thanks 'female artists who paved the way' for her as...
- 02:01 Reality Check: Are clothes moths on the rise?
- 01:52 India's Billy Elliott 'living the dream' in the Scottish Highlands
- 01:34 First baby in 12 years born on remote island where births are banned
- 01:16 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 01:15 UK turns blind eye to dirty Russian money, say MPs
- 01:10 Extra funding needed to avoid ‘year-round crisis’ in the NHS
- 00:56 Michele Curtis's red salad with berries and spiced nuts recipe
- 00:53 Gender inequality: Stars tell world leaders poverty is sexist
- 00:52 Jameela Jamil was told she was 'too ethnic' to make it in the US
- 00:41 Jayne Dowle: My not so brave new world in the shadow of terror
- 00:41 The Yorkshire Post says: Fears of farmers. New calls for customs...
- 00:36 How we will know if North Korea really 'denuclearises'
- 00:36 Ben Makuch of Vice takes on police in Supreme Court
- 00:36 Grenfell Tower: Bereaved to speak at inquiry into blaze
- 00:30 Who is Tom Markle and why isn’t he walking Meghan down the aisle?