Genetic testing should not be used to diagnose coeliac disease, experts say
Doctors should not routinely screen for herpes when testing for sexually transmitted infections, genetic testing should not be used to diagnose coeliac disease in most cases and radiation to treat some low-risk cancers should be reconsidered.
These are among the latest recommendations released on Thursday by NPS MedicineWise, an Australian-based organisation led by medical experts to provide doctors and patients with independent, evidence-based information.
They were developed in conjunction with medical societies, colleges and peak bodies to reflect the latest science, and to prevent... read more
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook
- 07:39 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 07:39 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:39 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:39 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson reveals he REFUSED transfer
- 07:39 Barcelona pay tribute to Andres Iniesta as Lionel Messi talks up...
- 07:37 Drivers in the dark over MOT changes
- 07:31 UK engineering's gender imbalance is embarrassing, leading figure says
- 07:31 Can you solve it? The birthday birthday problem
- 07:30 Markets rally as US and China call trade war truce - business live
- 07:30 Police searching for missing man find body in Leicester
- 07:30 Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink trains cancelled and delayed
- 07:29 Raise a glass at town venue beer festival
- 07:27 Blackpool Council to invest more cash in £25m conference centre...
- 07:24 South Cumbria catches Royal Wedding fever as Prince Harry and...
- 07:24 Drink driver banned after being over the limit in Ambleside
- 07:24 Can you offer 'lovely and gentle' Dave a new home
- 07:24 Athletes display physical prowess in Windermere as Brathay 10in 10...
- 07:24 Child mental health referrals in Cumbria increase four fold
- 07:24 Long-awaited train service connects Millom to Barrow after 40 year...
- 07:24 Barrow councillors 'impressed' by new Stockport-based leisure...