Genetic testing should not be used to diagnose coeliac disease, experts say
Doctors should not routinely screen for herpes when testing for sexually transmitted infections, genetic testing should not be used to diagnose coeliac disease in most cases and radiation to treat some low-risk cancers should be reconsidered.
These are among the latest recommendations released on Thursday by NPS MedicineWise, an Australian-based organisation led by medical experts to provide doctors and patients with independent, evidence-based information.
They were developed in conjunction with medical societies, colleges and peak bodies to reflect the latest science, and to prevent... read more
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'
- 12:40 Tottenham v Stoke: Full team news and line-ups confirmed
- 12:40 Red Bull launch RB13 ahead of 2017 F1 season
- 12:40 Liverpool front of the queue to sign wonderkid: Antonio Conte won't...
- 12:40 Graeme Souness urges Dele Alli to keep aggressive streak: 'He has a...
- 12:40 Jockey George Baker airlifted to hospital after St Moritz fall...
- 12:40 Leicester City should be forced to play without a manager after...
- 12:40 PSG star Adrien Rabiot puts Arsenal on alert by revealing he would...
- 12:40 Coventry Bees axed from 2017 SGB Premiership: Updates and reaction