GB Energy Supply ceases trading after wholesale price rises
An energy firm with 160,000 customers has ceased trading, blaming recent rises in energy prices.
In a statement, GB Energy Supply said that as a "small supplier" business had "become untenable", but assured people their supply would not be affected.
Ofgem said it would appoint a new supplier and stressed that outstanding credit balances were protected.
The energy regulator advised customers to take a meter reading and wait until their new supplier contacted them.
In a letter to customers on the GB Energy Supply website, managing director Luke Watson said: "Due to... read more
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:02 Real Madrid News: Star pair to Chelsea, new formation next term,...
- 08:01 John Edward: Is it time for all schools to have governors?
- 08:01 Reopen second Shrewsbury Railway Station entrance call
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Lancaster City focusing on job in hand with seven games to go
- 08:00 Turkey says negotiating with aviation authorities on electronics ban
- 07:59 'Lukaku is absolutely flying at the minute' - Grimsby Town loanee...
- 07:59 Play-Offs are 'still possible' insists Grimsby Town boss Marcus...