GB demand for Irish passports 'doubles' post-Brexit vote
The number of applications for Irish passports from people living in Great Britain has more than doubled since the UK voted to leave the European Union.
New figures from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs show that in both August and September the number of GB applications rose by more than 100%.
There were 3,431 applications in September 2015, compared to 7,518 in September 2016.
Year-on-year applications from Northern Ireland have also risen since the vote.
They have increased by two thirds since in the three months since the Brexit decision.
Everyone from Northern Ireland is... read more
- 08:21 MARKETS LIVE: London shares red after Trump's tax proposals fall...
- 08:21 Pirates of the Caribbean 5 spoilers: Orlando Bloom reveals Will...
- 08:21 Dead woman's ashes thrown onto floor by thieves who ransacked house...
- 08:19 Injury stopped me reaching the top as a player ... that hurt is...
- 08:20 Live: Traffic and travel for Leicestershire
- 08:19 East Kilbride boss insists pressure is on Buckie in first leg of...
- 08:19 Airdrie Academy Schools Cup winners celebrate 50 years of history
- 08:19 Social media sites are failing to shield children from...
- 08:19 It’s no ordinary cup of tea that comes from Left Field
- 08:19 Callous vandals trash Lincoln gully at Boultham Park
- 08:18 Palmeiras' Felipe Melo throws huge PUNCH at opponent as supporters...
- 08:18 Tottenham fan left with broken skull and eye socket after being...
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford East division?
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford West division?
- 08:17 Readers support taxi drivers over disabled parking row
- 08:17 You can now jazz up your pre-drinks by turning your prosecco rose...
- 08:15 St Helens teen goes from shop floor to starring role in TV advert
- 08:15 This week’s debate: Does Sheffield need to become more of a...
- 08:14 How Man City could line up vs Manchester United
- 08:14 Manchester United line up vs Man City could include Henrikh...
- 08:14 International striker: I want to play at Newcastle next season
- 08:13 That Thing You Do reunion: THIS is what the movie’s band The...
- 08:12 Triple whammy of woe for drivers in Telford, Shrewsbury and Chirk
- 08:12 Six weeks of gas pipe work hold-ups near Oswestry
- 08:12 Pre-general election PMQ's: Waspi, waspish or was it just waffle?
- 08:12 Telford man, 19, in court over iron bar attack
- 08:12 Ellesmere man denies four sex assaults at army training camp
- 08:12 Shropshire motorists facing misery over major road closures
- 08:12 Asian shares pull back from highs on doubts over Trump's tax plan
- 08:12 Packed programme of events has been announced for South...