Gaza fishermen feel caught by Israel's tight security net
When Palestinian fisherman Abu Mohammed came under pressure to become an informer for Israeli intelligence, the 45-year-old father of five took a radical decision - he quit fishing and became a builder.
Working off the coast of Gaza, where Israel imposes restrictions preventing fishing boats going out more than six nautical miles, was already hard enough without Israel's security services trying to co-opt him, he said.
According to the Al-Mezan Association, a Palestinian human rights group, 113 Gaza fishermen have been detained by Israel this year, compared with 41 in the same period of... read more
- 15:21 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:20 Pierre-Emile Højbjerg: ‘Bayern is the school of forming a champion’
- 15:20 Zimbabwe parliament summons Robert Mugabe over diamond theft claim
- 15:20 Two vehicle crash causes problems for Cumbria motorists
- 15:18 Time 100: Millie Bobby Brown becomes youngest to make influential...
- 15:17 Which of the new 'alphabet' 10ps will rare coin collectors be...
- 15:16 Ofcom seeks to scrap local TV roll-out
- 15:16 Discover Fashioned from Nature at the V&A
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger: Robin Van Persie sends emotional message to Arsenal...
- 15:15 Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson reveals why he’s delighted at...
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis
- 15:11 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:11 Is your business stuck in a mobile not-spot?
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings