Gareth Southgate names his first England squad as Marcus Rashford earns recall while Glen Johnson is called up for first time in two years
Marcus Rashford has earned an England recall after Gareth Southgate announced his 23-man squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia later this month.
Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard is also called up while Michail Antonio keeps his place after being called up to Sam Allardyce's squad for the win over Slovakia last month.
Elsewhere there are recalls for Glen Johnson, Ryan Bertrand and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain while Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater has been dropped.
ENGLAND SQUAD Goalkeepers: Forster, Hart, Heaton
Defenders: Bertrand, Cahill, Jagielka,... read more
- 07:34 Bill Jamieson: Can the BoE resist inflation trigger?
- 07:33 Liverpool star agrees bumper £2.2m deal - reports
- 07:33 Arsenal winger confirms he has joined Premier League rival on...
- 07:31 Dyson 'enormously optimistic' about post-Brexit trade
- 07:31 Sunderland headteachers want parental support to fight ‘£14million...
- 07:31 Driver dragged from car by stranger as three women suffer...
- 07:31 ‘Autism passport’ scheme launched thanks to input from Sunderland...
- 07:31 Brave Bradley Lowery is pride of England as Wembley mascot
- 07:30 Gulf Arab states push for UK free trade deal after Brexit - officials
- 07:27 Indyref2: SNP ‘must be realistic’ on economy to win vote
- 07:26 Nikkei tumbles as safe-haven yen surges on Trump healthcare defeat
- 07:25 Fire crews called to college twice in one night
- 07:25 Cheryl’s mum Joan ‘moving into Cheryl and Liam Payne’s love nest to...
- 07:24 Voice your concerns about village plan
- 07:23 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona sign these players: Cristiano...
- 07:19 SLIDESHOW: Blackpool 2 Hartlepool United 1: Pools fans slideshow
- 07:18 Kirsty Gunn: A good deal more worthy than pandering to politics
- 07:18 Lincoln man appears in new Channel 5 documentary
- 07:18 At last! Town to finally get skate park after 11 year wait
- 07:18 Lincolnshire hotel set to be transformed into special school
- 07:18 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez eyes incredible Premier League signing
- 07:17 Everything you need to know about the new £1 coin
- 07:17 How Hull mum's love for kids helped her break free from prostitution
- 07:17 Princes Quay shopping centre reveals new-look entrances to help...
- 07:17 Hull KR's Jamie Ellis disappointed to not break world record
- 07:17 Live as Radio 1 reveals Big Weekend Hull ticket release date
- 07:17 Curb supermarket discounts on salty, fatty foods: MPs demand tough...
- 07:16 Edinburgh’s Exova confirms three takeover approaches
- 07:16 WEATHER: Sheffield set for more sunshine this afternoon
- 07:16 News report on a loop