Gareth Southgate issues England rallying call as he orders his players to put the pride back into the country's national team with win over Malta
Gareth Southgate has ordered his side to put the pride back into English football during a rousing address to his players.
The interim England manager, who held talks with new FA chairman Greg Clarke on Wednesday, met his players for the first time at St George’s Park on Tuesday and took the opportunity to hold two group sessions. The first took place at around 1pm, shortly after the players reported for duty.
He introduced himself to the squad and held a debriefing of last month’s 1-0 World Cup qualifying victory over Slovakia, Sam Allardyce’s one and only game in charge, playing footage... read more
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- 23:25 Ohio legislators pass restrictive abortion bill, citing Trump victory
- 23:24 Arsenal fans lose the plot as Alexis Sanchez is linked with Chelsea
- 23:22 'Liverpool have a great chance of winning the Premier League...
- 23:16 Harry Kane targets Europa League success after Tottenham finally...
- 23:14 ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
- 23:13 West Ham target PSG ace Jese Rodriguez in January
- 23:13 Pat Nevin reveals worry over Arsenal in Chelsea’s Premier League...
- 23:13 Arsenal prepared to sell Mesut Ozil in the summer if this happens
- 23:11 Manchester City's Pablo Mari attracting interest from Premier...