Gareth Southgate caught up in tax avoidance scandal ahead of England bow
The England national team is in turmoil once again as caretaker manager Gareth Southgate is reportedly caught up in a tax avoidance scheme.
The 46-year-old is alleged to have invested in two partnerships set up by Ingenious, an investment firm with a shady reputation.
Southgate joined back in 2004 while he was still a player, and is one of a number of high-profile footballers to have been involved with the company.
According to the Daily Mirror, Ingenious owes £620million to HM Revenue and Customs and is being chased up for this unpaid bill.
David Beckham and Gary Lineker have also been... read more
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears
- 06:28 Jobless figures on rise in Fylde
- 06:28 Blackpool musicians urged to bid for aid
- 06:27 Derby news recap: The biggest stories in the last 24 hours
- 06:27 Tributes pour in for man who died after Derby Market Hall incident
- 06:26 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 06:26 Geordie Shore stars fuel rise in fake tans among men under 25
- 06:25 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:24 Petition calls for rail line to be re-opened
- 06:23 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:23 Man Utd January arrival on Jose Mourinho: I've always loved him......
- 06:21 Wicked the musical is returning to Birmingham Hippodrome
- 06:21 Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- 06:21 Celtic fans adored Kris Commons but the club and midfielder are...
- 06:21 Woman in cash battle with ex-husband seeks anonymity
- 06:21 Celtic named in top 60 of Deloitte's list of richest clubs
- 06:21 Funeral of Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt to take place in Surrey