Gareth Dyer’s RU column
Former Preston Grasshoppers player and ex-director of rugby at Lightfoot Green writes every week for the Evening Post
It has been a testing opening month to the league season at Lightfoot Green.
A glance at the league table and a record of one victory from four games might make for disappointing reading.
But there are plenty of positives for the Hoppers coaches and players to take from their September showing.
I must admit when I saw the fixture list I thought the opening four games were as tough as they could be.
Relegated Wharfedale were being talked up for an immediate return to National... read more
- 13:11 Lunch raises vital funds for homeless cause
- 13:11 How dogs are really affected by fireworks – and what you can do to...
- 13:09 Restorers uncover the slab that held the body of Jesus Christ for...
- 13:09 Bored, can’t be bothered to exercise and always craving carbs? The...
- 13:09 Could THIS increase life expectancy for cystic fibrosis patients?...
- 13:09 Hospital care is worst at weekends: Patients are 15% more likely to...
- 13:10 Planned roadworks for Yorkshire for the week ahead
- 13:09 A contraceptive jab for men? Injection that lowers sperm count is...
- 13:09 Struggling to lose weight? Find a gym buddy: Friendly competition...
- 13:09 Will southern Spain become a DESERT? Experts predict global warming...
- 13:09 More than half of NHS mental health services fall below the...
- 13:09 Bags of talent at Hartlepool dance festival
- 13:09 Carer plans a heartwarming Hartlepool singalong
- 13:08 Homelessness bill would focus councils on prevention
- 13:08 Planned roadworks for Yorkshire for the week ahead
- 13:08 Seahouses pupils stand up to cancer
- 13:08 Further works on landslip-hit road
- 13:07 Warning over fake WhatsApp messages from Sainsbury’s and Topshop
- 13:07 GP swaps stethoscope for clarinet in European Doctors Orchestra
- 13:06 Has Sophie got the best job in the world?
- 13:05 Hartlepool man left partner bloody and beaten while baby slept...
- 13:05 SNP’s Paul Monaghan pays his brother Mark over 225 hours overtime
- 13:05 Memory match: PNE v Newcastle
- 13:04 Revised plans for controversial parking charges revealed
- 13:04 How dogs are really affected by fireworks – and what you can do to...
- 13:03 Dejan Lovren: This young star can be a top player for Liverpool
- 13:03 German watchdog to investigate February trades in Hugo Boss shares
- 13:02 309 registered sex offenders live in Scunthorpe
- 13:02 Stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no let up
- 13:02 Woman dies after car rolls onto its side during crash