Game-changing immunotherapy drug DOUBLES head and neck cancer survival rates
A breakthrough immunotherapy drug has been proved to double survival rates for head and neck cancer.
Nivolumab, developed by the Institute of Cancer Research, is the first treatment to extend survival in a phase III clinical trial for patients who did not respond to chemotherapy.
And there were far fewer side effects than most aggressive tumor-fighting medications.
It has been hailed as a game-changer for the notoriously difficult-to-treat disease strains.
WHY IS HEAD AND NECK CANCER HARD TO TREAT? Head and neck cancer are the sixth most common strains of the disease globally.
It covers... read more
- 10:00 Arsenal star exit has not been ruled out for this month
- 10:00 Championship news: is Brentford striker Scott Hogan moving closer...
- 10:00 Cleaner who stole £4,000 from dementia sufferer is spared from jail
- 10:00 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 09:59 Romelu Lukaku responds to speculation he’s set for stunning £70m...
- 09:59 Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 'invaluable' to Manchester United... we have...
- 09:59 Mark Hillman murder trial: three men in court over shooting - updates
- 09:59 Special meeting called to investigate Christmas event
- 09:59 Naked female & male cleaners wanted in Boston to clean houses for...
- 09:59 EU must cut costs after Brexit - Finnish finance minister
- 09:59 Israeli policeman and Bedouin killed in clashes over demolitions
- 09:59 Rising inflation hurts outlook for UK households - survey
- 09:58 Whitehaven's Coach Road to close for £100,000 resurfacing
- 09:58 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 09:58 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 09:58 Naked female & male cleaners wanted in Lincolnshire to clean houses...
- 09:58 Gmail phishing scam: Has your account been hacked in 'most...
- 09:57 1,000 tourists evacuated from package holiday destination amid unrest
- 09:57 Picture special: Horncastle Farmers have a ball to help charities
- 09:57 Bob Arum: Conor McGregor would be beaten up by a novice boxer
- 09:57 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:56 'Who's that watching my telly' jilted partner yells through letterbox
- 09:56 Comedy star Mark Watson to headline at Melton Theatre for LOROS...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after accident in Wolvey
- 09:56 Controversial holiday-let plan back on table
- 09:56 New WI group sets up in Grantham
- 09:55 Watchdog fines EE £2.7m for overcharging 40,000 mobile phone customers
- 09:55 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:55 Warning after distraction burglaries in Skegness
- 09:54 Mine guide relives horror telling Princess Diana not to BOMB...