Game-changing immunotherapy drug DOUBLES head and neck cancer survival rates
A breakthrough immunotherapy drug has been proved to double survival rates for head and neck cancer.
Nivolumab, developed by the Institute of Cancer Research, is the first treatment to extend survival in a phase III clinical trial for patients who did not respond to chemotherapy.
And there were far fewer side effects than most aggressive tumor-fighting medications.
It has been hailed as a game-changer for the notoriously difficult-to-treat disease strains.
WHY IS HEAD AND NECK CANCER HARD TO TREAT? Head and neck cancer are the sixth most common strains of the disease globally.
It covers... read more
- 13:13 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:13 Dementia SCANDAL: Hundreds of patients will be STRANDED in hospital...
- 13:12 M62 'carriageway defect' near Wakefield causes lane closure
- 13:12 Police arrest Hull boy, 15, after sacks of post stolen from Royal...
- 13:12 Drama student cleared of rape after night out during Fresher’s week
- 13:12 Romelu Lukaku hits back at critics after scoring Manchester United...
- 13:12 Wrexham AFC set for financial boost as former striker Moult signs...
- 13:12 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:11 Why Huddersfield's live escape room is going Underground
- 13:10 Ex-West Brom youth trains with Wolves to boost Lambs hopes
- 13:10 Anthony Joshua surprises children in Christmas visit to NSPCC centre
- 13:10 Popular chip shop forced to close after food poisoning allegations
- 13:09 Four Seasons Health Care gains breathing space
- 13:09 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:08 Almost 300 missed appointments at Millom surgery
- 13:08 Millom museum to close for month-long refurbishment
- 13:08 Barrow man admits lying to police after hit-and-run
- 13:08 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:07 Sir Cliff Richard warned financial affairs may be revealed during...
- 13:07 Final Fantasy 7 Remake UPDATE - Another blow for FF7 fans hoping...
- 13:06 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:06 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man
- 13:06 Wakefield Christmas hamper appeal is a success
- 13:05 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:05 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Human League singer BANNED from airport lounge for wearing the...
- 13:04 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Hollywood awards choose all-female presenters
- 13:04 Dundee United’s Scott Fraser gets player of the month award
- 13:04 Manchester United player Luke Shaw sends message to fans after...