Gainsborough MP asks Health Secretary to prioritise the lack of GPs
The MP for Gainsborough has asked the Health Secretary to prioritise the lack of GPs in the town.
Sir Edward Leigh has written to the Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, asking him to treat the crisis as urgent and stated that it needs immediate action.
Sir Edward said: “We already face a shortage of 80 GPs in Lincolnshire.
“Only six out of 30 vacant places in the Lincolnshire GP Vocational Training Scheme were filled in 2015/16.
“The inability to fill these roles will have a deleterious knock-on effect with each passing year – all at a time when GPs are retiring at an alarming rate.
“The lack... read more
- 18:21 Blow for EU as Czech’s REJECT eurozone entry: ‘Just 30% want it’
- 18:21 Tech Tent: Uber at a crossroads
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- 18:14 Woman treated for minor injuries after collision with car
- 18:14 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool signing is nothing like what he was at...
- 18:13 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:13 Pointless host Alexander Armstrong left flustered as contestant...
- 18:13 Leicester-inspired cocktail menu - including Frog Island Iced Tea -...
- 18:11 Lizzie tumbles her way to gold in Birmingham
- 18:11 We’re not a chick collection agency
- 18:11 Conservatives are challenged to invest in county fire service
- 18:11 Killer Doncaster driver ran over woman, 91, weeks after medics told...
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for beginners
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for improvers
- 18:10 Solihull tennis ace Dan Evans admits to taking cocaine
- 18:10 Now owner for Lancaster student blocks
- 18:10 Poignant book is a tribute to ‘sweet Caroline’
- 18:08 PHOTO GALLERY Kineton Music Festival hits high notes!