Gainsborough burglar who left his blood at crime scene is jailed for four years
A Gainsborough burglar who carried out three house raids within ten days has been jailed for four years at Lincoln Crown Court.
Scott Brett was caught after cutting himself while breaking into a house on North Marsh Road, Gainsborough.
Mark Watson, prosecuting, said the occupier arrived home later in the day to find her curtains had been drawn and a light was on in the bedroom.
Fearing an intruder was inside she dialled 999 but when police arrived there was nobody inside the property.
Mr Watson told the court: "It was clear that the property had been burgled. A pane of glass in the... read more
- 14:52 Woman jailed for making hoax calls to police
- 14:51 MP’s ‘crisis talks’ with Government to ensure bill to protect...
- 14:51 Travel Review: Luxury Lake District hotel putting finishing touches...
- 14:51 Changes announced to plans for Ripon's new swimming pool
- 14:50 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:50 Is it really an achievement to finish a marathon in over six hours?
- 14:49 Ringleader of £7 million helicopter drug gang jailed for more than...
- 14:49 To Infinity War and beyond: are we in danger of Avengers fatigue?
- 14:48 Woman caused £60 worth of damage to car wing mirror
- 14:48 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is PATHETIC: BBC pundit slams boss...
- 14:47 Ringleader of £7 million helicopter drug gang jailed for more than...
- 14:47 These are the summer opening times for tips in Walsall, Dudley,...
- 14:47 Restaurant apologises after sharing personal details of no-show...
- 14:47 Number of zero-hours contracts in UK rose by 100,000 in 2017 – ONS
- 14:47 Corby youngster takes national table tennis crown
- 14:46 London Marathon death: how safe is long-distance running?
- 14:45 New strategy for Burnley housing company
- 14:45 Morecambe dog waste investigation launched
- 14:44 Aston Villa's new home and away kits for 2017-18: What we know so far
- 14:44 Tamworth FC: Defender Burns: 'I feel ashamed after relegation'
- 14:44 Revealed: How Birmingham City blunted the Blades
- 14:43 Chris Coleman admits he could LEAVE Sunderland after relegation to...
- 14:43 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho backed to have the last laugh against...
- 14:43 Toure, Pires, Henry: Arsene Wenger's 10 best ever Arsenal signings...
- 14:43 Jurgen Klopp: What Roberto Firmino’s huge heart and support of Mo...
- 14:42 Leeds pub car park murder accused denies intending to cause his...
- 14:42 Abortion clinic buffer zones being considered by more councils
- 14:41 Woman was caught in possession of cocaine
- 14:40 Appeal after biker suffers broken collar bone in crash near Tyne...
- 14:39 Pale ale launched to mark 100 years of the RAF