G7 summit: Donald Trump lashes out at America's key allies
US President Donald Trump has fired off a string of angry tweets criticising America's closest allies hours after leaving a divisive G7 summit in Canada.
Mr Trump said the US paid "close to the entire cost of Nato" to help protect countries that "rip us off on trade".
"Fair trade is now to be called fool trade," he added in response to the threat of new tariffs against the US.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has vowed retaliatory action next month over US tariffs on steel and aluminium.
Mr Trump has also attacked Mr Trudeau personally, suggesting the... read more
- 22:16 Morning mail: Trump backs down, doctors support dying refugee,...
- 22:16 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern goes into hospital to give birth
- 22:13 Man Utd transfer news: Why Cristiano Ronaldo SNUBBED ‘loan option’...
- 22:11 Gene-edited farm animals are on their way
- 22:08 IN PICTURES: Buxton Race for Life 2018
- 22:07 Joe Launchbury backs Danny Cipriani to make a big impact for England
- 22:05 Lotto jackpot hits £17.2 million after nobody wins Wednesday draw
- 22:05 Student to be ‘spared jail’ after killing sister due to...
- 21:55 All East Dunbartonshire schools to shut for strike action
- 21:54 Police release CCTV image to help track missing Carlisle man
- 21:52 Davide Zappacosta in talks with Inter Milan as Chelsea set asking...
- 21:51 Sheffield Council deny monthly black bin collection claims
- 21:45 Celtic news: Leigh Griffiths reacts to Champions League draw
- 21:45 Vicki Sparks: First female commentator for live World Cup match
- 21:43 MP’s praise and support for carers
- 21:38 Boy, 4, who ‘channels the dead’ told teachers his father had drowned
- 21:38 Man, 27, charged with murder of Daniel Fitzjohn in Northampton
- 21:38 David Bowie Aladdin Sane photograph gifted to V&A museum
- 21:37 Appeal after two women racially abused by 'BNP member' on Glasgow...
- 21:36 MP’s praise and support for carers
- 21:34 Man, 27, charged with murder of Daniel Fitzjohn in Northampton
- 21:33 Tammy Beaumont fires England to T20 record in crushing of South Africa
- 21:33 Tony Abbott and allies could scupper national energy plan, warns...
- 21:32 Iran defender fails with flip throw-in during World Cup defeat...
- 21:32 Dad dies while holding his eight-month-old son in his arms after...
- 21:32 US court hears case against Turpin couple suspected of shackling...
- 21:32 England World Cup fans filmed giving Nazi salutes and singing vile...
- 21:31 Aston Villa linked with a move for ex-West Brom ace
- 21:31 Living together but not married? This document could prove essential
- 21:31 Rhys Jones' parents on the "life sentence" they are still serving