Fylde residents vow to battle on
0 Have your say Fylde residents have vowed to battle on despite the Government backing the shale gas industry and allowing horizontal fracking to go-ahead at Preston New Road near Little Plumpton.
Pam Foster, from Residents Action on Fylde Fracking, said: “This decision doesn’t surprise us. We are dealing with a Luddite Government that is fixed on drilling for fossil fuels when it should be creating thousands of new jobs by investing in clean green energy.
“By riding roughshod over Lancashire County Council’s decision, Sajid Javid has shown that he cares little for democracy or for the... read more
- 08:12 Man attacked outside Rotherham takeaway
- 08:12 Aston Villa transfer news: John Terry's double incentive to join
- 08:11 Scots overwhelmingly support older people ‘hate crime’ law
- 08:10 Wossobama Gym star Ashley Beattie will fight Victoria Lomax for...
- 08:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan gets second...
- 08:07 Avebury neolithic 'stone square circle' discovered
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history
- 08:01 South Yorkshire Police 'thrown under the bus' over tree-felling...
- 08:00 Melton schools receive special anti-bullying awards
- 08:00 Reduction in opening times at Northumberland police stations
- 07:59 John Wood Group sees weak first half on fewer projects
- 07:58 Rare tree voted second best in England to be felled
- 07:58 Final day at Duns Primary after almost 130 years of education
- 07:56 Arsenal to try improved Thomas Lemar transfer bid as Arsene Wenger...
- 07:55 Barrow man charged with terrorism offence
- 07:55 British tourist fighting for life after plunging from hotel balcony...
- 07:55 Ayr boy Sean Strickland gets call to Rangers School of Football
- 07:55 British and Irish Lions train in Wellington ahead of win-or-bust...
- 07:52 Covestro vows to cash out to shareholders if no takeover on cards
- 07:52 UK regulator to investigate PWC's audits of BT after Italian scandal
- 07:51 Gateway to Gleneagles