Futurist protester unfurls banner at council meeting
A Scarborough resident angry at the planned demolition of the Futurist unfurled a banner and yelled at councillors at the end of today's cabinet meeting at Town Hall.
Michelle Richardson stood from the public gallery as the meeting was concluded and draped her homemade banner stating "Save Our Futurist" from the balcony.
She then left the cabinet in no doubt as to her feelings on the matter.
"Save the Futurist," she yelled.
"The whole town is watching you and if you allow this monstrosity to be built then you will have to leave Scarborough because your lives here... read more
- 17:20 Blazing vehicles in Wallasey believed to have been targeted as part...
- 17:20 Sky prices to rise AGAIN in March - here's what's changing
- 17:20 Dermot O'Leary asked to replace Michael Buble as BRIT Awards host
- 17:20 Piers Morgan blasts 'coward' Ewan McGregor for Good Morning Britain...
- 17:20 Brummie sits for Portrait Artist of the Year - but can you guess...
- 17:19 HSBC to close northern Lincolnshire branch and 61 others nationwide
- 17:19 Police are investigating several incidents including break-ins and...
- 17:19 Carlisle United fans banned for violence at Hartlepool match
- 17:19 Dean Keates hails character shown by Wrexham AFC players in derby draw
- 17:18 Euro group chief warns Britain against tax haven temptation
- 17:17 Artist's 30 hour 'labour of love' to transform man's old tribal...
- 17:17 Off-duty police officer given medal for outstanding bravery after...
- 17:15 BREAKING: Skegness man jailed for murdering Boston mum of two
- 17:15 Appeal after man assaulted in Skegness alleyway
- 17:15 Sports Direct welcome jailing of people traffickers
- 17:15 Splendour Festival 2017 headliner will be announced on Friday
- 17:15 Web design agency which worked with US election host venue moves...
- 17:15 More than 2,000 homes plunged into darkness by power cut
- 17:13 HSBC to close northern Lincolnshire branch and 61 others nationwide
- 17:13 13-year-old suffers a head injury in hit and run
- 17:13 Chester Cathedral reveals winners of Christmas tree festival
- 17:13 Chester man wanted in connection with assault and theft
- 17:13 Thomas sets new Guinness World Record for longest time spinning a...
- 17:13 Council tax to rise in Derbyshire to bring in extra £11million
- 17:12 Aston Villa chairman hints at three players incoming - another is...
- 17:10 Newcastle Civic Centre is turning 50! Send us your photos of the...
- 17:10 David Charters: Pssst... have you heard, the word is out on our...
- 17:10 There's something wrong with Wirral's high streets - what would you...
- 17:10 Workers at Chile's Escondida call wage offer 'absurd,' strike looms
- 17:09 Angry pensioner lost the plot after Flintshire nursery school...