Future Fit: Surgeon accuses Shropshire A&E campaigners of 'scaremongering'
0 Comments Mark Cheetham, care group medical director at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust took issue with comments from Shropshire Defend Our NHS, claiming that Future Fit is about cutting funding and that the Lingen Davies Cancer Centre could be moved from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
Writing on Twitter the colo-rectal surgeon said:
To be clear, there are no plans to move the radiotherapy service or Lingen-Davies unit from RSH. This is simply scaremongering! https://t.co/WgO97lUNQf
— mark cheetham (@MarkCheetham) October 6, 2016 The tweet came in response to a blog post from... read more
- 08:33 How fabric made from the same material as Coca-Cola bottles can fix...
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: Victoria happy she swapped saddles (and so is her man)
- 08:33 NHS 'underestimates sepsis cases by 70 per cent': Silent killer...
- 08:33 For your fertility's sake, keep just five close friends! Close knit...
- 08:32 Special school launches fundraising for therapy room
- 08:32 Quit smoking or lose your leg, grandad told
- 08:32 Cyclist dies after collision in Sunderland
- 08:32 Manchester United want to sign two world-class superstars this summer
- 08:32 Manchester United named the most expensive bench in FA Cup history...
- 08:32 Stronger growth to help UK beat 2016/17 budget target - EY ITEM Club
- 08:32 Hong Kong stocks end at 18-month high, track mainland strength
- 08:32 Scooter riding teenager dies in collision
- 08:31 Councillors want to find out more before deciding whether to back...
- 08:31 £150,000 raised for man who spends life caring for terminally...
- 08:31 Baby & Toddler Of The Year: Send your entries now!
- 08:31 Teenagers threw stones at dog walker in Workington
- 08:31 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:31 WW3 fears as relations COLLAPSE between Malaysia and North Korea...
- 08:31 Adolf Hitler’s telephone used to issue orders in WW2 sells at...
- 08:29 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:28 Greece needs "far less" money than agreed in third bailout - ESM head
- 08:28 Chelsea ace Cesc Fabregas ends exit rumours following Wolves clash
- 08:28 Marseille line up shock move for Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud
- 08:28 JeSuisIKEA: Donald Trump's bizarre Sweden 'terror' reference sparks...
- 08:26 Chelsea ace speaks out on being benched by Antonio Conte
- 08:26 Chancellor Philip Hammond’s Budget boost on economy
- 08:26 Fake apartment turns turns dream holiday into nightmare
- 08:25 Police 'very concerned' for missing east Hull boy Cory Davies, 10
- 08:24 Could Post Office move to empty South Shields town centre site?