Future Fit: Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt says decision on Shropshire's hospitals must benefit patients
0 Comments Speaking in the House of Commons, Mr Hunt said Shropshire’s Future Fit review, which could see the closure of Telford’s A&E and the relocation of women and children’s services to Shrewsbury, was a “local matter”.
Telford MP Lucy Allan, speaking in the Commons, asked the minister to step in after claiming Future Fit had “lost the confidence of local people.”
She said: “Local health commissioners have concluded the Telford & Wrekin brand new Women and Children’s Centre, serving some of the most deprived population in the country, should be closed and moved to a more... read more
- 20:49 Exotic raccoon dog rescued after being found huddled under car
- 20:47 WIN: Hot tickets - Bengal Brasserie curry and Arena big fight...
- 20:45 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:42 Paris Jackson warns 13 Reasons Why is 'extremely triggering' years...
- 20:42 Katie Price leaves nine-year-old daughter Princess at the airport...
- 20:38 Ronaldinho produces no-look assist for Ludovic Giuly in Barcelona v...
- 20:37 Angry parents stand in middle of Stenson Road, Derby, as part of...
- 20:35 FIFA suspends senior Asian Football Confederation official Richard...
- 20:34 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:34 IN PICTURES: Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:34 Christian college to get funding boost from new homes
- 20:34 Nottingham street shut due to single-vehicle collision
- 20:32 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:32 Bogus electrician 'looked in every room' at house in Harrogate
- 20:30 GERMAN ELECTION LATEST: Schulz support SLUMPS as Merkel set to STAY...
- 20:29 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:29 Scots surgeon guilty of performing needless breast operations
- 20:28 General election 2017: Key Corbyn allies not selected by Labour
- 20:28 Man jailed for killing boyfriend in their Whitley Bay flat
- 20:27 Bogus electrician 'looked in every room' at house in Harrogate
- 20:26 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:26 Emmerdale spoiler: Jai Sharma heartbroken as Nell Fairfax reveals...
- 20:25 Women who smoked during pregnancy 'linked to autism in their...
- 20:23 Coronation Street's Bethany Platt grooming storyline prompts police...
- 20:23 Weekahead: Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally
- 20:23 ‘Helping pupils thrive’ - Hebden Bridge school praised by Ofsted...
- 20:21 Police investigate after theft of high-value paintings in Horncastle
- 20:21 May Bank Holiday Monday opening times for Morrisons, Waitrose, Asda...
- 20:20 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:18 Nottingham street blocked due to collision