Future doctors need training on exercise and nutrition
Doctors are calling for mandatory training on nutrition and physical activity for future medics as Scottish research found only 10 per cent of students felt qualified to give patients advice on exercise.
A survey of nearly 400 Edinburgh University medical students, conducted by their peers, also found that only 14.9 per cent knew the exercise guidelines, which suggest adults do 150 minutes of moderate exercise each week.
More than 90 per cent of those surveyed wanted more formal training on how to help patients with exercise and nutrition, according to research published in the British... read more
- 20:47 WIN: Hot tickets - Bengal Brasserie curry and Arena big fight...
- 20:45 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:42 Paris Jackson warns 13 Reasons Why is 'extremely triggering' years...
- 20:42 Katie Price leaves nine-year-old daughter Princess at the airport...
- 20:38 Ronaldinho produces no-look assist for Ludovic Giuly in Barcelona v...
- 20:37 Angry parents stand in middle of Stenson Road, Derby, as part of...
- 20:35 FIFA suspends senior Asian Football Confederation official Richard...
- 20:34 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:34 IN PICTURES: Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:34 Christian college to get funding boost from new homes
- 20:34 Nottingham street shut due to single-vehicle collision
- 20:32 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:32 Bogus electrician 'looked in every room' at house in Harrogate
- 20:30 GERMAN ELECTION LATEST: Schulz support SLUMPS as Merkel set to STAY...
- 20:29 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:29 Scots surgeon guilty of performing needless breast operations
- 20:28 General election 2017: Key Corbyn allies not selected by Labour
- 20:28 Man jailed for killing boyfriend in their Whitley Bay flat
- 20:27 Bogus electrician 'looked in every room' at house in Harrogate
- 20:26 Live blog: Follow all the action from Tour de Yorkshire 2017
- 20:26 Emmerdale spoiler: Jai Sharma heartbroken as Nell Fairfax reveals...
- 20:25 Women who smoked during pregnancy 'linked to autism in their...
- 20:23 Coronation Street's Bethany Platt grooming storyline prompts police...
- 20:23 Weekahead: Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally
- 20:23 ‘Helping pupils thrive’ - Hebden Bridge school praised by Ofsted...
- 20:21 Police investigate after theft of high-value paintings in Horncastle
- 20:21 May Bank Holiday Monday opening times for Morrisons, Waitrose, Asda...
- 20:20 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 20:18 Nottingham street blocked due to collision
- 20:18 Secrets of BBC1's Line of Duty from its no-nonsense Brummie cop