Further 'Postcode Lottery' scam warning after Redcar man was told he'd won £350,000
Officers are warning people to be vigilant following further reports of a scam letter claiming to be the People’s Postcode Lottery.
A man in the Redcar area received the letter by post on October 4, stating he had won £350,000, even though he had not entered into the postcode lottery.
Customer services at the People’s Postcode Lottery have been contacted who have confirmed that the letter is not genuine.
The letter is just one example of a number of scams sent out to residents in the past.
Last month, a Billingham woman was tricked into thinking she was the lucky winner of £284,000 , after... read more
- 10:41 European shares hit Q4 high as banks advance further
- 10:40 There’s art in store for college students
- 10:40 Crashes claim 49 lives on South Yorkshire roads
- 10:39 Award creates a a buzz
- 10:39 Peter Vaughan: Tributes to 'wonderful' Game of Thrones and Porridge...
- 10:39 Arsene Wenger: This is why Arsenal stunned Basel last night
- 10:39 Confirmed: Man United first-team trio miss Europa League trip: Full...
- 10:39 Germany legend warns Arsenal: Do not sign this midfielder
- 10:37 Sony to release as many as six mobile phone games next year
- 10:36 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:36 Miss Rugby stars in video
- 10:35 It’s Miaow-y Christmas!
- 10:35 EMERGING MARKETS-Lira at one-week high; fragile emerging assets...
- 10:34 Lib Dems fined £20,000 by watchdog over undeclared payments
- 10:34 WEIRD WINTER WEATHER: Temperatures to top balmy 12C
- 10:34 Drug-user told how she stole goods because she left purse at home
- 10:34 Pensioner admits kidnap and sexual assault of young girl in village...
- 10:33 Boy, 11, dies three years after accidentally hanging himself
- 10:32 Bayern Munich send ominous message to Arsenal on Twitter ahead of...
- 10:32 Jose Mourinho leaves SIX Manchester United first team stars at home...
- 10:31 Georgian townhouses to undergo £2m revamp
- 10:31 Flu risk leads to order to keep all poultry indoors
- 10:30 Britain fines Pfizer record $107 million for huge drug price hike
- 10:30 'Keep your birds indoors!' Birdflu outbreak warning issued for...
- 10:30 The Premier League's deadliest ever penalty takers - ranked by...
- 10:29 Letters - December 12, 2016
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch