Further 'Postcode Lottery' scam warning after Redcar man was told he'd won £350,000
Officers are warning people to be vigilant following further reports of a scam letter claiming to be the People’s Postcode Lottery.
A man in the Redcar area received the letter by post on October 4, stating he had won £350,000, even though he had not entered into the postcode lottery.
Customer services at the People’s Postcode Lottery have been contacted who have confirmed that the letter is not genuine.
The letter is just one example of a number of scams sent out to residents in the past.
Last month, a Billingham woman was tricked into thinking she was the lucky winner of £284,000 , after... read more
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report
- 00:16 Teachers from NUT and ATL form super-union
- 00:16 Westminster in Lockdown
- 00:12 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:11 Arsenal star Nacho Monreal: What I think about Arsene Wenger's future
- 00:11 Coronation Street spoiler: Will David Platt’s secret FINALLY be...
- 00:10 'Solidarity and support': world leaders send wishes after attack in...
- 00:09 Recorded child abuse cases hit an all-time high
- 00:09 Westminster attack death toll rises to five