Furness head chef speaks of Michelin star delight in first year
Kevin Tickle, who is originally from Kirkby, has wowed industry experts with his culinary creations at Forest Side in Grasmere and won the eatery a precious one star in the 2017 edition of the Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland, the latest success in a long list of accolades.
RELATED ARTICLE: Four South Lakes restaurants awarded Michelin stars in latest list
Mr Tickle's inspiration for good ingredients and fresh produce comes from growing up in the Furness countryside, and he has quickly climbed the career ladder, starting off part-time in a pub before training with Simon Rogan at... read more
- 11:33 Burton's Mike Cherry, National Chairman at the Federation of Small...
- 11:33 Model train company's x-rated figures are flying off the shelves
- 11:33 Hero teen saves woman from drowning off Merseyside coast
- 11:33 The Queen has been reported to the police for failing to wear a...
- 11:33 Hotpoint fridge-freezer sparked Grenfell Tower fire, say police
- 11:33 SE Asia Stocks-Muted as oil outlook bleak; S'pore, Philippines log...
- 11:33 Iranians chant "Death to Israel", burn Islamic State's flag at...
- 11:33 Japanese warship takes Asian guests on cruise in defiance of China
- 11:32 How reading for pleasure can boost your child's academic performance
- 11:32 New migraine treatment trial opens to sufferers in Cumbria
- 11:32 Safety tips for open water
- 11:32 Furness cadets conquer mountain
- 11:32 Shocking report reveals millions lost by Warkwickshire web users
- 11:31 Pound V euro: GBP mounts recovery against EUR amid EU summit in...
- 11:31 London fire: Plymouth woman scared as her block has same cladding...
- 11:31 Refugee reality: Germany admits 75% face long-term unemployment and...
- 11:31 Qatar boycott: Close Al Jazeera and dump ties with Iran demand Arab...
- 11:30 On-stage learning to stay safe online
- 11:30 Search for lost early monastery at Old Deer
- 11:30 Police work is a family affair for Corin
- 11:29 Celebrity Masterchef 2017 serves up Rachel Stevens and Debbie McGee
- 11:29 Coventry City's Rod McDonald eyes another League Two promotion medal
- 11:29 Coventry City fans react to Leyton Orient takeover: "Our turn next"
- 11:27 Newcastle United's St James' Park hosted 38,000 fans and its first...
- 11:27 Arsenal transfer analysis: Gunners main priority is to keep Alexis...
- 11:26 Oldham set to lose its last court next month
- 11:26 Mary, 94, in running for national award
- 11:26 UPDATED: Line re-opens after trespasser disrupts train services in...
- 11:26 Cumbrian nuclear backer Toshiba delays reporting results again and...
- 11:26 Tough charity march for a Latics director