Furious Ibiza residents hit back at 'tourism abuse': Protesters claim island is blighted by crime, noise and overcrowding
Furious residents in Ibiza are planning to hit back at 'tourism abuse' on the island with a series of public protests.
The campaign group Prou! is fed-up with 'noise, illegal activities and privatisation of the coast.'
They say the whole island often seems like one big nightclub and something has to be done to halt the decline of the popular Balearic destination.
Crime, says Prou!, is 'widespread' and there are too many tourists on the island, leading to over-crowding.
They want the government to put a limit on arrivals.
'We don't blame the tourists themselves,' said a spokesman. 'It's the... read more
- 14:10 FEATURE: New station will be gateway to Doncaster's future
- 14:10 New lease deal saves Lancaster children’s centre
- 14:10 Tom Heaton set to return for Burnley’s clash with Bournemouth
- 14:10 Boston and Skegness MP backs Government plans for Brexit
- 14:10 Your dazzling Christmas trees - Pictures
- 14:10 British Steel pension scheme proposals welcomed by trustees
- 14:09 Property: Mini estate with old mill on the market in Borders
- 14:08 Man jailed for 14 years for series of sexual assaults and rapes of...
- 14:08 Anarchist group claims it was behind massive flood in Angel
- 14:08 David Seaman: Why Arsenal can beat Chelsea to the Premier League title
- 14:07 Child car seats recalled
- 14:07 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:07 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:07 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:07 Royal Navy sports success for local man
- 14:04 Clinton fan's 'Pantsuit Drive' for homeless job seekers
- 14:03 Is Mablethorpe woman the oldest in the world with Down Syndrome at 81?
- 14:03 Louth Tractors set to support Air Ambulance
- 14:03 Sufferers of schizophrenia 'may have a treatable immune disorder'...
- 14:03 Refusing to give IVF to couples who are struggling to conceive is...
- 14:03 Ex-football coach Jim McCafferty in court on child sex charge
- 14:03 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 14:03 Rare 17th Century cello loaned to teenager for life
- 14:02 Pundit on Sergio Aguero: If he was Diego Costa, people would have...
- 14:02 Britain’s best takeaway is a fried chicken shop in Luton
- 14:01 Staffordshire Police rated 'good' following inspection by HMIC
- 14:01 QMC issues second 'black alert' of winter following 'unprecedented'...
- 13:58 Watch moment callous thief stole Poppy Appeal tin from Loughborough...
- 13:57 MP moves colleagues to tears after revealing she was raped at 14
- 13:56 Wild child Kendall Jenner turns heads in leopard print fur coat and...