Funds needed for church renovation project
A church congregation is asking for donations in a bid to refurbish its building.
The Parish of St James in Heckmondwike is hoping to generate around £200,000, of which £50,000 has already been raised.
The church is hoping the restoration works will be of benefit to the community, with several organisations interested in using the facilities.
Amongst the ambitions for the project, which has been ongoing for four years, are the installation of new underfloor heating system, a new one level worship area, an up-to-date sound system and a new parish office.
Last year, the church raised £180,000... read more
- 12:14 Burglar hunted after pub raid in Sheffield
- 12:13 Sadness as popular beer shop, The House of Beer, announces it will...
- 12:13 Victoria Wood shortlisted to be commemorated in special artwork
- 12:13 Dancer from Long Clawson praises Nottingham programme for career start
- 12:13 Your suggestions for the Halifax Monopoly game plus how to vote
- 12:13 Calder Valley MP hits out at Local Plan’s revised sites for homes
- 12:13 £25k funding boost for Alnwick Playhouse
- 12:13 Teenage girl stabbed in NECK during assault in church grounds
- 12:13 Berwick constituency facing a wave of retirement, data shows
- 12:13 Henrikh Mkhitaryan not bitter at Man Utd exit and tells fans:...
- 12:13 Mylee Billingham's dad 'recovering' after surgery and set to be...
- 12:13 Tsunami fears for American west coast after huge earthquake
- 12:13 Online survey tries to solve sewage issues in Gedney Hill
- 12:13 AUDIO: Warning as woman calls 999 to ask for advice about broken egg
- 12:12 Former Cumbria nightclub boss charged with murdering his wife
- 12:12 Star Wars Han Solo movie TRAILER: Does this CONFIRM when teaser...
- 12:11 Stephens offered chance to train with Coventry City
- 12:11 Business determined to rise from the ashes after shop destroyed in...
- 12:11 How the battle to protect this East Yorkshire town from the sea is...
- 12:11 Rafael Nadal retires from Australian Open epic as Marin Cilic sets...
- 12:11 Husband and wife to go on trial in May accused of murdering Tosh...
- 12:11 Alaska earthquake THREAT: US city Kodiak evacuated as tsunami...
- 12:11 USA earthquake: Where in Alaska and Hawaii have earthquakes hit...
- 12:11 Alaska Earthquake Center update: Latest tsunami warnings, live...
- 12:11 Time to shout about the other side of Blackpool
- 12:11 Bill Cosby returns to stage ahead of sexual assault retrial
- 12:10 Public inquiry WILL take place into controversial Belper business...
- 12:10 Is this former nightclub to become a new wedding venue?
- 12:09 Harrogate Topshop closure: 'What's available for our young people?'
- 12:09 Harry Gration: My 40 years in broadcasting