Fund manager Hermes calls on FTSE 350 firms to cap CEO pay
British fund manager Hermes Investment Management is calling on FTSE 350 .FTLC companies to cap their chief executive's pay as part of efforts to restore public trust in the way companies are run.
Hermes, which invests on behalf of the BT pension scheme and other institutional investors, said it would detail its ideas in the coming weeks, as the government gears up to launch its own plan to overhaul corporate governance.
"The public has lost trust about the governance of executive pay," said Hans-Christoph Hirt, Co Head of EOS, Hermes Investment Management, adding now was the time... read more
- 11:23 Robert Burns ‘Tae a Moose’ explained
- 11:23 French plaits, Barbie’s boyfriend and Olly Murs songs - things only...
- 11:21 Footballer's wife Nicola Glennon offers taste of what it's like to...
- 11:21 Asfordby Captain’s Close School takes part in bake-off challenge
- 11:21 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:20 Six Nations: England's James Haskell doubtful for opener against...
- 11:20 Swansea City u21s: 'Coventry City match is the biggest of our careers'
- 11:20 Sky Sports man singles out the key player for an Arsenal title charge
- 11:20 Liverpool need this player... he will give them a big lift - pundit
- 11:19 WEATHER WARNING: Met Office issues latest update for the region
- 11:19 A beady-eyed 'magical' crab is named in honour of Harry Potter and...
- 11:19 Man who buys Windows 98-era laptop for $5 finds a Star Trek...
- 11:18 More passengers dissatisfied with railway service
- 11:18 Pigeon Man vows to continue feeding birds despite threat of jail
- 11:17 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:16 Men win the battle of the taxes, says HMRC
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...