Fund firms Janus Capital, Henderson merge to form $6 billion group
U.S. asset manager Janus Capital (JNS.N) and London-listed rival Henderson Global Investors (HGGH.L) on Monday announced a $6 billion (4.67 billion pounds) all-share merger to cut costs and improve their global reach, sending Henderson's shares soaring.
Shares of Janus also surged, rising 16 percent in morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange, after the companies said the deal would boost earnings by more than 10 percent.
The combined company would manage more than $320 billion in assets, the firms said, making it a top 50 global asset manager.
"There is very little overlap... read more
- 10:40 Missing mother could be potential murder witness
- 10:39 Hull City woeful in defeat to Stoke City - the player ratings
- 10:39 Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey -...
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...
- 10:18 Ukip leadership: Shrewsbury's Suzanne Evans announces bid to...
- 10:18 Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- 10:17 US election: Clinton says she will focus on issues, not Trump
- 10:17 Watch historical Sneinton change through the ages
- 10:17 23 more people who have been dodging tram fares