Fujitsu to cut up to 1,800 jobs in UK
Japanese electronics firm Fujitsu has told staff of plans to cut up to 1,800 jobs in the UK.
The plan, which could see the first workers leaving in early 2017, is not linked to Brexit, the company said.
Trade unions called the cuts a "hammer blow" and said they would represent up to 18% of the company's UK workforce.
Fujitsu said the job losses would be across its UK offices, as it looks to compete better with foreign rivals that can offer IT services more cheaply.
The firm has a range of businesses in the UK, from software services to providing air conditioning units.
It has many... read more
- 03:41 America’s Got Talent: Ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer voices two...
- 03:37 Game of Thrones spin-off: George RR Martin CONFIRMS a FIFTH prequel...
- 03:34 Sri Lankan baby farms: Minister admits illegal adoption trade
- 03:31 Brexit 'crunch time' for City of London, says group
- 03:31 Google signs $1.1bn HTC smartphone deal
- 03:22 Theresa May to brief cabinet on Florence Brexit speech
- 02:55 BREAKING: Huge 5.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia coast
- 02:17 House of Lords rejects 'flawed' expenses report
- 01:59 PGA Tour: Marc Leishman taking inspiration from Greg Norman after...
- 01:44 Boy, 17, arrested over Tube attack
- 01:38 Still Game's Isa on life as a 'sandwich carer'
- 01:38 'Dwarfism always seems to be the butt of jokes'
- 01:38 Baby names: The stories behind what you are called
- 01:33 How companies' poor customer service has led to boycotts
- 01:32 England and Australia both have weaknesses ahead of the Ashes, says...
- 01:12 Paul Lawrie relives 1999 Carnoustie Open win with original putter...
- 01:09 James Herbert death: Watchdog makes police restraint recommendations
- 00:58 Ronaldinho scores incredible solo goal as Brazilian legend...
- 00:58 Chronic fatigue therapy 'could help teenagers', study says
- 00:58 Nine in 10 GPs rated good or outstanding
- 00:58 Quit smoking campaign Stoptober backs e-cigs for first time
- 00:56 Celtic savour a Dens Park stroll but former Hoops striker Craig...
- 00:51 Giselle by Akram Khan is STAGGERINGLY beautiful: You MUST see this...
- 00:48 REVIEW: Annie at the Carnegie Theatre, Workington
- 00:48 Hull named as most enterprising place in Britain
- 00:44 Coleen Rooney ‘sick of Wayne’s immaturity’ and hopes community...
- 00:44 This is now the average price for a pint of bitter in UK
- 00:44 Coronation Street villain is on his way to Birmingham to star in...
- 00:40 Hamburg 0-3 Borussia Dortmund: Peter Bosz's side move top of the...
- 00:40 Tottenham and West Ham to liaise with Metropolitan Police after...