Fuel prices set to rise sharply
There’s bad news on the horizon for motorists - the cost of fuel is on the rise, with unleaded petrol now at 112.3 pence per litre. This is 0.7 pence per litre more than the previous week.
However, the Petrol Retailers Association have warned that the falling pound combined with Brent crude oil hitting a 52-week high could see fuel prices rise sharply by the end of the month - by as much as 5 pence per litre.
Office of National Statistics figures show that the cost of diesel has also risen by 0.7 pence per litre with the cost at the pump now 114.4 pence per litre - for the moment.
Fuel is... read more
- 15:11 Chipperfield Circus tiger star dies two years after retirement
- 15:11 South Yorkshire primary school pupils to sit times tables check
- 15:11 WTO's new global trade deal comes into force
- 15:10 Amber Tamblyn and David Cross troll Hollywood with the most...
- 15:10 'They took my legs': Disabled man says losing his mobility car left...
- 15:10 Where do the most wheelie bin fires happen in Nottinghamshire?
- 15:09 Liverpool ace set to sign new bumper deal: Huge boost for Jurgen Klopp
- 15:09 Liverpool deal imminent, striker arrives at Manchester United,...
- 15:09 Rutherford name for cancer centre under construction in Northumberland
- 15:09 What EXACTLY did the Spice Girls mean when they sang...
- 15:09 WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow forecast for parts of Northumberland
- 15:09 APPEAL: Murderers of Maltby pensioner, 80, are still at large
- 15:09 Mum spent 40 years searching for baby's grave - and found she was...
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off
- 15:06 New BBC Scotland channel a “shift in the right direction”
- 15:06 India's Snapdeal to cut 600 staff, founders forego salary
- 15:06 VIDEO: Bumpy landings for planes at Yorkshire airport as Storm...