FTSE opens flat amid mixed trading
The FTSE 100 started Friday trading flat, with leading shares making a mixed start.
The FTSE 100 was down 2.92 points at 6,826.28.
The biggest riser was drugs company AstraZeneca, gaining more than 1%.
The biggest faller was travel firm TUI, with a fall of 1.4%. Supermarket Sainsbury was the second-biggest faller, losing 1%.
Oil was down 1% at $48.58 a barrel.
The battered property sector, hammered by changes to rental fees in this week's Autumn Statement, failed to make any recovery.
The US market will be closed on Friday for their Thanksgiving Holiday.
On the currency markets, the pound... read more
- 10:08 May and Corbyn both branded ‘losers’ after TV Q&A
- 10:08 High-tech treasure hunting to help explore Kielder
- 10:08 Promoting better lives lands prize for forum
- 10:08 India v Bangladesh live stream: Can I watch ICC Champions Trophy...
- 10:08 New Zealand v Sri Lanka live stream: Can I watch ICC Champions...
- 10:08 Theatre: The young theatre makers bringing new work to Aberdeen
- 10:08 Hi vis vest donation to keep kids safe
- 10:08 Music preview: The Scottish Album of the Year nominees
- 10:07 Barwell Co-op robbers were armed with handgun - police
- 10:07 Corporate Architecture lands massive deal
- 10:07 OECD says IPO underwriting fees "akin to tacit collusion"
- 10:07 General Election 2017 Live: Reaction to leaders debate and flagship...
- 10:07 Manchester bombing: Injured teen who survived attack recounts...
- 10:07 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:06 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:06 Wolves spring latest shock to reach semis
- 10:06 Day the Bank of England called on Dr Seuss for help: Cat in The Hat...
- 10:06 Disgraced Fred the Shred avoids court grilling after RBS agrees...
- 10:05 Kenilworth’s worthy people and businesses honoured at The Worthies...
- 10:05 Two-year ban for Hawick bus driver who did this
- 10:05 Kelso Hospital closed
- 10:04 Theresa May on Brexit, housing, migration, and why Abba gets her up...
- 10:04 Residents' anger as 'tiny' play park plans recommended for approval
- 10:04 These are the dangers of smoking while pregnant
- 10:04 European shares fall for fourth day, banks under pressure
- 10:04 Market to support fundraising appeal for Warwick’s new birthing unit
- 10:04 This new text message scam will steal your money and identity - how...
- 10:04 Powerful Saudi prince to meet Putin in Russia
- 10:03 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:02 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...