FTSE opens flat amid mixed trading
The FTSE 100 started Friday trading flat, with leading shares making a mixed start.
The FTSE 100 was down 2.92 points at 6,826.28.
The biggest riser was drugs company AstraZeneca, gaining more than 1%.
The biggest faller was travel firm TUI, with a fall of 1.4%. Supermarket Sainsbury was the second-biggest faller, losing 1%.
Oil was down 1% at $48.58 a barrel.
The battered property sector, hammered by changes to rental fees in this week's Autumn Statement, failed to make any recovery.
The US market will be closed on Friday for their Thanksgiving Holiday.
On the currency markets, the pound... read more
- 08:45 Cake sale in aid of north Cumbrian teenager badly hurt in crash
- 08:44 Emma Watson has launched an Instagram account that is going to...
- 08:44 Morrisons recalls beef slices over listeria fears
- 08:44 Thanks for the support - now give us brass
- 08:43 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:43 European shares led higher by telecoms, Unilever slump weighs
- 08:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:42 Person rescued from early morning house fire
- 08:42 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:41 Two Barrow teenagers banned from football for five years after...
- 08:41 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:41 Oscar nominee Isabelle Huppert 'nearly wasn't in Elle'
- 08:41 WW2 veteran fulfils wartime wish by turning 100 surrounded by...
- 08:41 Brian Wilson: Crunch time now for BBC Alba, a Scottish success story
- 08:41 Which pop stars deserve a blue plaque in their honour?
- 08:41 Donald Trump state visit will be debated in Parliament
- 08:41 Column: Decision must be made about college
- 08:40 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:40 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:39 Firefighters tackle car blaze near Ludlow
- 08:39 Video: Tadcaster whole again as Archbishop blesses bridge
- 08:39 Celebrate town, but don’t revert to stereotypes
- 08:39 Shooting victim named as Sheffield murder investigation continues
- 08:39 Out-of depth May in thrall to authoritarian Tory right
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: GP numbers in England heading for a ‘cliff edge’
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:38 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:38 Cillian Murphy 'nicked' film director's crew for Peaky Blinders
- 08:38 Victim offers reward for recovery of stolen car
- 08:38 Birmingham hotter than Rome as hot air from Caribbean sweeps in