FTSE opens flat amid mixed trading
The FTSE 100 started Friday trading flat, with leading shares making a mixed start.
The FTSE 100 was down 2.92 points at 6,826.28.
The biggest riser was drugs company AstraZeneca, gaining more than 1%.
The biggest faller was travel firm TUI, with a fall of 1.4%. Supermarket Sainsbury was the second-biggest faller, losing 1%.
Oil was down 1% at $48.58 a barrel.
The battered property sector, hammered by changes to rental fees in this week's Autumn Statement, failed to make any recovery.
The US market will be closed on Friday for their Thanksgiving Holiday.
On the currency markets, the pound... read more
- 21:34 Two Queen’s Awards for district firms
- 21:33 US STOCKS-Nasdaq tops 6,000 as earnings boost Wall St; U.S. tax...
- 21:33 Jamie Redknapp: These two Chelsea players were unplayable against...
- 21:33 Two Queen’s Awards for district firms
- 21:33 Harrogate firm helps discover diamonds
- 21:32 Kate McCann: Madeleine 10th anniversary is ‘horrible marker of...
- 21:32 Granada 0-2 Malaga: Sandro Ramirez double pushes Tony Adams' men...
- 21:30 Diego Costa reaches 50 Premier League goals quicker than Luis Suarez
- 21:29 Britain’s Got Talent winner George Sampson is going bald at 23 and...
- 21:28 £4,500 marathon effort by Harrogate's Twitter-friendly policeman
- 21:28 Two Queen’s Awards for district firms
- 21:28 Apax, shareholders prepare IPO of Brazil's Tivit
- 21:27 Earnings boost equities with U.S. tax announcement eyed
- 21:26 Templeman the tormentor as Wee Gers’ struggles continue
- 21:26 Duns star Euan leading the way
- 21:25 Little Sutton woman fighting rare stomach illness issues heartfelt...
- 21:25 Chelsea fans thank ‘agent’ Ryan Bertrand for Diego Costa’s goal...
- 21:23 Derby chapel's transformation into luxury flats starts next month
- 21:23 Derby's Rolls-Royce lands Indonesian engine deal worth over £200m
- 21:23 Derby charity Doorways appeals for sleeping bags and blankets ahead...
- 21:23 Update on £6m project as new corner takes shape at Stoke’s bet365...
- 21:22 Titanic producer nearly cut ‘corny’ Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On...
- 21:22 Big rise in demand for foodbanks in Yorkshire
- 21:21 'He couldn't walk' Steve Bruce on Gabby Agbonlahor's Aston Villa...
- 21:21 Grandfather smashed over head with AXE as he fought off house raiders
- 21:21 VIDEO & PHOTOS: Red Arrows fly over Yorkshire
- 21:20 Madeleine McCann ten years on: Detectives pursuing 'critical' leads...
- 21:20 Three people arrested after car fails to stop in Newcastle
- 21:19 Former Trump adviser Flynn likely broke law with Russia trip -...
- 21:14 Marine Le Pen's immunity to be lifted in bid to investigate...