FTSE LIVE: Leading shares up as Deutsche Bank reassures; good travel news from TUI; Sainsbury hit by falling food prices
09.00: Volatility in the UK and European stock markets continued this morning with sharp rises on the back of comments from Deutsche Bank management that reassured traders it would not be seeking state help.
The FTSE 100 was up 67 points or 1 per cent at 6,874 and the French and German leading indices were also up 1 per cent as Deutsche Bank shares recovered with a 3.6 per cent gain.
Connor Campbell of SpreadEx puts the recovery - after a stabilisation yesterday followed sharp falls on Monday - says the gains have been prompted by an interview given by the company's chief executive, John... read more
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot
- 10:03 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:03 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:02 Exclusive: Louth area victim of brutal attack is at ‘breaking...
- 10:02 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:02 Urgent appeal after thugs try to force their way into north...
- 10:02 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 10:02 Health chiefs: More services are returning to West Cumberland Hospital
- 10:02 Thousands going hungry in Leeds