FTSE LIVE: Footsie lower as Asian markets fall on weak China trade data, US rate hike prospects
08:15: The Footsie fell back in early trading tracking weakness in Asian markets after weak Chinese trade data raised global growth worries, while the minutes from the last Federal Reserve policy meeting still pointed to a likely US rate hike in December.
In opening deals, the FTSE 100 index was down 44.6 points, or 0.6 per cent at 6,079.4, having closed 46.87 points lower yesterday weighed by sterling volatility on Brexit uncertainties and lower oil prices.
Asian stocks dropped to three-week lows today and US stock futures fell after China's September trade data showed a sharp decline in... read more
- 19:13 When will the Edge Lane roadworks finish? Delays extended even further
- 19:13 Why schools might be in trouble if they ban fidget spinners
- 19:12 Police taser 'agitated' man who was becoming danger to public
- 19:11 Sony sees surge in chip demand pushing profit nearing 20-year record
- 19:10 Sleek Hyundai SUV comes fully loaded
- 19:10 VW Touareg's got the power to impress
- 19:10 This is Steve Bruce's minimum requirement for Aston Villa next season
- 19:10 Lee Brooks murder trial: Suspect made crowbar threats during police...
- 19:09 Murderer was central figure in Carlisle pub brawl
- 19:09 Make sure you don’t fall victim to these fake CPS emails
- 19:09 Chart toppers have a hoot on night out in Nottingham
- 19:09 School cook of 35 years retires from Notts school on her 65th birthday
- 19:08 Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder clash in heated exchange at Anthony...
- 19:06 Can Bulgaria beat Italy to win the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest...
- 19:05 Michael Carrick's Manchester United future is key for Jose Mourinho
- 19:05 Whitley Bay boyfriend jailed for more than seven years for killing...
- 19:02 Sweden Eurovision 2017: Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- 19:01 Courts: Jail term for man who kicked and spat on police officers
- 19:01 Drug dealer jailed after blasting rival's home with sawn-off shogun
- 19:00 Steve Bruce gives his REAL opinion on Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
- 19:00 Talented youngster becomes the latest to leave Aston Villa
- 18:59 Cardiff vs Newcastle LIVE: Rafa Benitez's side must win to prevent...
- 18:59 Brits face fines of up to 3,000 euros for having sex in street and...
- 18:59 Ryanair passengers 'left in tears' after plane home 'takes off...
- 18:59 Quiet beaches and not a Westerner in sight: Fascinating photo...
- 18:59 Terrifying moment flames burst from a Delta plane as passenger...
- 18:59 The Great bank holiday getaway begins - traffic grinds to a halt as...
- 18:59 From Tolkien's favourite boozer to the inn where Guy Fawkes...
- 18:59 EU dismisses Russian 'bullying' allegation
- 18:57 Thomas Cook closures: Travel agent shuts down MORE branches...