FTSE LIVE: Footsie higher as investors await key September inflation data - could show biggest monthly spike in 2 years
08:55: The Footsie opened sharply higher after a strong session in Asia overnight and ahead of a first meaningful UK inflation reading since the EU referendum triggered a steady plunge in the pound.
In early morning trading the FTSE 100 was up 61.8 points at 7008.1, having finished down 66 points to 6,947.55 yesterday.
In China, the Shanghai Composite was up by 0.5 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng traded 0.9 per cent higher.
The major event this session will be the release of UK inflation.
In August the reading remained unchanged at 0.6 per cent, avoiding the jump to 0.7 per cent... read more
- 15:27 Fancy a cup of creativi-TEA? Simple cuppa sparks an instant burst...
- 15:27 Father-of-three placed in a medically induced COMA after catching...
- 15:27 Police hunt after woman sexually assaulted at Metro station
- 15:25 First Milk to cut prices paid to farmers
- 15:25 Record number of Scots want to start a business
- 15:25 Full marks for charity times table challenge
- 15:25 Police chase car across Birmingham in massive response to suspected...
- 15:24 This poignant Lost Trawlermen's Day service will remember those who...
- 15:23 Celtic legend Kris Commons sends warning to Rangers about new...
- 15:23 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:23 Walney man accused of assaulting partner during alleged domestic...
- 15:22 DOW BULL run continues as top US index opens at record high
- 15:22 Bitcoin price: Former minister says DAFT Bitcoin investors MUST be...
- 15:22 Meet the man making healthy chocolate in York.
- 15:22 Super slimmer Robert is now helping the hungry
- 15:20 B&M is recruiting an official chicken nugget taster: here's how to...
- 15:20 Two groups of feuding Derby youths are dealing drugs and have...
- 15:20 Carillion: The company entrenched in public life
- 15:20 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:20 What if Liverpool DO replace Philippe Coutinho in January?
- 15:20 Our Lady of Compassion Catholic Primary School
- 15:20 Lapworth CofE Primary School
- 15:20 FIFA 18 Team of the Year midfielders announced – De Bruyne, Kante...
- 15:20 Storm Fionn to blast North Wales bringing 80mph winds, snow and ice
- 15:19 Write a will and plan your funeral if you go to North Korea, warns US
- 15:19 Giant steak returns to Aldi - here's when you can get it
- 15:19 Who are the current Cabinet ministers and who also attends...
- 15:19 Finishing THIS giant chicken nugget Nugzilla could win you £500
- 15:19 Specsavers driver left red-faced after crashing car into lampost
- 15:19 Armed robbers wearing clown masks attack man in his own home in...