FTSE LIVE: Footsie drops off after yesterday's gains as China posts solid GDP growth of 6.7% over last 3 months
08:30: The Footsie pushed marginally lower at the open after China released stable economic data overnight and ahead of key unemployment and wage figures in the UK.
In early deals, the FTSE 100 index was off 11.1 points at 6,989.9, having finished 52.2 points ahead at 7,000.06 points yesterday - after as a rise in EasyJet helped outweigh a sharp drop in Burberry's shares.
The response to Chinese GDP figures - growth came in at 6.7 per cent in the three months to September - has been muted.
In Asia Japan's Nikkei 225 is little changed and so are the markets in China.
South Korea's Kospi... read more
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway
- 14:04 Paris protests: Students tear-gassed by police
- 14:04 Shaun Walmsley escape: A nightmare scenario Merseyside Police could...
- 14:04 Inquest of Nigel and Linda Ordinans: Apology
- 14:04 Decision on council tax rise set for next week
- 14:04 District council rubber stamps budget
- 14:02 Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which...
- 14:01 Police seize nuisance bikes in crackdown on Sheffield estates
- 14:01 Why scientists want us to eat TEN portions of fruit and vegetables...
- 14:01 Heavy delays as two cars crash in Cottingham Road in Hull
- 14:01 Police called as 'scrap' breaks out in Aldi, Beverley Road, Hull
- 14:01 Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which...