FTSE CLOSE: Budget airline easyJet drags London market lower; pound continues to struggle
17.20 (close): Budget airline easyJet dragged the London market lower after spate of terror attacks and the plunging pound inflicted a hefty blow to profits.
The FTSE 100 Index was down 33.29 points to 6,999.96, following a dismal update from the airline, stating that a series of 'extraordinary events' had left it nursing £125 million in lost profit.
EasyJet has been grappling the fallout of terror attacks across Europe, Egypt and Tunisia, air traffic control strikes in France and political turmoil in Turkey, while it said the post-Brexit vote plunge in the pound will also cost it... read more
- 11:49 Sheffield Hospital hub will help charity
- 11:49 UK and industrials prominent in Goldman strategists' M&A target...
- 11:49 'She was beautiful inside and out': Devastated family's tribute to...
- 11:49 Play areas across borough to be improved
- 11:48 Swansea target Erwin Mulder on free transfer from Heerenveen as...
- 11:48 Firm hires designer who decorated Prince William’s wedding car
- 11:48 South Ribble MP appointed as Theresa May's aid
- 11:48 Week In Court
- 11:47 Vehicle aquaplanes into trees after leaving Sunderland road
- 11:47 BREAKING: Bomb alert outside McDonald's as gas bottle with igniter...
- 11:46 Fire crews battle commercial blaze
- 11:45 Sewing the Seeds of a Creative South Tyneside business
- 11:45 Khabib Nurmagomedov eyeing spot on UFC 217 card, still wants to...
- 11:45 Coventry City confirm Academy staying put for another season
- 11:44 Muslim festival of Eid prompts sales alert at JD Sports
- 11:44 This 1956 Aston Martin DBR1 could become the most expensive British...
- 11:44 Man sought in relation to Liverpool murder could be in Wrexham
- 11:44 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 11:42 Big Brother star Chanelle McCleary flashes BOTTOM in miniskirt...
- 11:41 Future looks healthy for Boldon’s Opus Medigas
- 11:41 Adolf Hitler is not a 128-year-old man living in Argentina
- 11:41 14 reasons Stoke-on-Trent is a great place to live
- 11:40 Abortion reform matter for Stormont, court rules
- 11:40 Armed police with 'masks and machine guns' swarm on Coventry address
- 11:39 Graduating pays off: Scottish Government
- 11:39 South Yorkshire trainee assistant practitioners making an impact
- 11:39 Smoking -related deaths in Warwickshire fall following ban on...
- 11:39 Borini joins Faubert and Bendtner among the weirdest transfers...
- 11:38 Grenfell Tower hero who tried to help people on top floor found...
- 11:38 Malawi and Unicef launch drone air corridor