FTSE boosted by rising miners, Burberry falls
British stocks climbed on Tuesday, rebounding from a fall in the previous session as rising mining companies helped outweigh a sharp drop in Burberry's shares.
The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up 1 percent at 7,018.99 points by 0904 GMT, in line with a broader rally among continental European indexes.
Luxury goods maker Burberry, however, slumped 8.5 percent and was on track for its biggest daily fall in more than 4 years after reporting results, with analysts at Liberum citing weakness in its wholesale figures.
"Burberry ... (has) been caught in this weaker pound increasing profits... read more
- 08:43 Missing South Yorkshire teenager found safe and well
- 08:43 Two teenage inmates found dead at Polmont Young Offender's Institute
- 08:41 Trump's election win costs Paddy Power Betfair £5m
- 08:41 Freezing fog in Burton and South Derbyshire causing difficult...
- 08:39 Roadworks on the A1 and A19 in the North East
- 08:39 Yellowstone webcam captures ‘family of six Bigfoot’ shuffling out...
- 08:38 Sainsbury's chairman reprimanded for using staff on country home
- 08:38 Tesco recalls ready meal over health concerns
- 08:38 JOHN DILLEY’S WWI BLOG: Loving father held the hand of his dying son
- 08:36 Roasting and frying stachy foods could increase cancer risk, warns...
- 08:36 Vodafone roll out 4G in another pocket of Cumbria
- 08:35 Where is BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017 being held?
- 08:35 Hull City news and rumours LIVE - Ryan Mason updates and Tigers...
- 08:35 Aston Villa: Tony Xia brilliantly trolls transfer-hungry fans
- 08:34 Father pictured risking child’s life by walking on frozen lake
- 08:33 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why anorexia has no respect for age
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: I'm knocked out by boxercise, says Julia Bradbury
- 08:33 Poulton couple saved from 'nasty and toxic' blaze by fire doors
- 08:33 E-cigarettes are getting non-smoking teens hooked on nicotine:...
- 08:32 Super snowdrop show
- 08:32 Record-breaking year for outlet
- 08:31 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:31 ‘The world is watching’ US spies claim Trump’s ties to Russia could...
- 08:30 Pundit: This is impressing me most about Chelsea under Antonio Conte
- 08:30 European shares weighed down by banks, Essentra warning; Generali...
- 08:30 Australia police probe firearms death during making of hip hop video
- 08:30 Woman, 93, died after choking on her lunch despite efforts of care...
- 08:30 Watch as emotional crowd sees mum have head shaved for cancer charity
- 08:27 Parking on Barrow Island: Is it a problem?
- 08:27 Man jailed after breaching restraining order in Barrow four times