FTSE 100 bolstered by travel firm Tui
(Open): The London market opened higher, with shares in travel firm Tui up after it reported better-than-expected trading.
Shortly after trading began, the benchmark FTSE 100 index was 41.26 points higher at 6,848.93.
Shares in Tui - whose UK brands include Thomson and First Choice - rose 2.8% after it raised its forecast for earnings growth.
The company said UK revenues were up 5% over the summer.
It also said bookings for the winter were up 5% across the group, driven by a 22% rise in UK bookings after the company expanded its long-haul routes to destinations such as Mexico and the... read more
- 14:07 U.S. core capital goods orders unexpectedly fall in January
- 14:07 FTSE gains despite insurers, LSE weakness
- 14:07 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:06 How Jose Mourinho rewarded his Man United players after their EFL...
- 14:06 Police found Carlisle murder accused 'covered in his partner's blood'
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway
- 14:01 Ray Parlour backs Arsenal to sign Manchester City striker Sergio...
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...