Frontrunner for next French president wants British officials in EU to disappear NOW
Former French head of state Nicolas Sarkozy was thrown out of the race to be the conservatives’ nominee for the presidential election on Sunday after an overwhelming majority of French people voted for his ex-prime minister, François Fillon, instead.
The 62-year-old pro-Russia conservative, gathered 44.1 per cent of the votes: his closest opponent, Alain Juppé, won 28.3 per cent of the votes and Mr Sarkozy 20.9 per cent.
If Mr Fillon – who saw his ratings shoot up just over a week ago following strong debate performances – beats Mr Juppé in the second round of the primaries next Sunday, he... read more
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt
- 12:06 Police search London terrorist attacker’s mum’s house
- 12:06 MPs may face new rules on second jobs
- 12:06 Fishergate bollard sent flying AGAIN
- 12:06 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 12:06 Falcon wing inspires jets of the future
- 12:06 Profits increase at livestock group
- 12:05 'What you need at that time is what you’re worth': the daily battle...