From snoring to antibiotics: Our expert's solutions for Christmas medical problems
I’m going away and I need to take my medication through customs. Any advice?
It depends on both the medicines, and also the country you’re visiting. It is generally not a problem taking medicines for conditions such as heart problems or diabetes into the EU, but I always recommend my patients take the right-hand side of the prescription computer print out with them, which confirms that the medicines have been prescribed by a doctor.
This is especially important with any “controlled drugs”, such as strong painkillers, or sleeping tablets, which will be labelled as “CD” on your prescription... read more
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life
- 01:42 Hankies and sticks: Why do people take up Morris dancing?
- 01:39 Southampton boss Claude Puel still stung by Ryan Giggs' winner in 2007
- 01:36 Footballer hit by lightning in Highgate United match remembered
- 01:31 Ryan Palmer and Wesley Bryan share lead at the halfway point of the...
- 01:31 Anthony Joshua 'has a feeling' he will knock Wladimir Klitschko out...
- 01:22 Maps reveal schizophrenia 'hotspots' in England
- 01:17 Tony Bellew meets Everton manager Ronald Koeman as lifelong Blue...
- 01:17 Manchester United great Lou Macari wary of underdogs Southampton in...
- 01:05 Caroline Flint: I was lucky. During the time alcohol took hold of...
- 00:59 James Reed: Why Labour’s MPs are looking closer to home
- 00:59 YP Comment: Jeremy Corbyn, go now for the sake of your country and...
- 00:59 Coronation Street spoiler: The baby bombshell is out but how will...
- 00:56 The secret of happiness? Live life in the slow lane, says Buddhist...
- 00:44 Citi says U.S. regulators are investigating its hiring practices
- 00:38 Antonio Conte went six nights without sleep when Juventus let the...
- 00:38 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic planning to use Troy Deeney criticism to...
- 00:38 New Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray left to rue missed chances after...
- 00:37 YEP Says: Let us celebrate the bigger Jumbo
- 00:37 Dorthy Fairburn: Farming needs workers from the EU
- 00:35 City news: William Hill, British Airways, Pearson, Aston Martin
- 00:35 White House bans certain news media from briefing