From Harrogate to Paris, successful student breaks new ground
An 18-year-old language student has broken new ground as she leaves behind her hometown, Harrogate, to start an innovative new degree.
St John Fisher and St Aidan's Associated Sixth Form student, Ellen Millar, has started a new life in Paris as part of her London University Degree based in Montreuil.
Ellen achieved the top grade in her recent A level French studies, and now the three year degree will enable her to study French 'on the spot'.
She said: "I have always known that Paris is one of the great cities of the world. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be studying... read more
- 00:01 Tim Dowling: ‘Cutlery shouldn’t be made from more than one thing’
- 00:01 It’s not politics of envy to be disgusted by the super-rich
- 00:01 Katy Perry brings the house down as her political wokening...
- 00:01 Zen and the art of family maintenance – lessons from the...
- 00:01 Los Angeles city guide: what to see, plus the best bars, hotels and...
- 00:01 Tim Dowling: ‘The dog is lying in a pool of its own vomit, like a...
- 00:01 Inside Teen Vogue: 'Our readers consider themselves activists'
- 00:01 If I looked like Scarlett Johansson I’d probably understand her...
- 00:01 From ‘hands that do dishes’ to a bathtime Flake: the changing face...
- 00:01 The day I saw John and Yoko’s 'bed-in' peace demonstration
- 00:01 Why Testosterone Rex is extinct
- 01:31 Blood tests spot ovarian cancer early
- 00:01 Condor moments: trekking in Patagonia
- 00:01 Why we must teach morality to robots
- 00:01 Breakfast of champions: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s paleo muffins
- 00:01 Plant of the week: perennial wallflower
- 00:01 Mrs Cameron’s Diary: Tbh leaving Downing Street is quite #sadface
- 00:01 Pastures new: Dan Pearson’s journey from city to farm
- 00:01 Angela Griffin: ‘I am not bothered about looking as if I’ve just...
- 00:01 Is it worth hiking? Exercise review
- 00:01 Why I love… DJ and singer-songwriter Syd
- 00:01 The eco guide to greener salads
- 00:01 How to make Delia’s ‘cheese on toast for posh people’
- 00:01 Does ignorance have an upside?
- 00:01 The government has the newly bereaved in its sights – and we should...
- 00:01 Modern tribes: the aspiring interior designer
- 00:01 A letter to … My narcissistic husband, who had an affair and blamed me
- 00:01 What I’m really thinking: the trans employee
- 00:01 Avoid stress, be useful: 90-year-olds on how to have a long, happy...
- 00:01 The Trudie Styler puff piece that doesn’t quite add up