From Everton's stadium to a creative quarter: how Liverpool's northern docks could look transformed
The “Ten Streets” plan to transform a group of run-down city streets into a new “creative quarter” won a warm welcome from ECHO readers when it was unveiled last week.
But the project is just one of many in the pipeline that could completely transform the area north of the city centre – known in council-speak as the Atlantic Corridor – from a neglected space into a busy visitor and commercial hub.
The most high-profile schemes are Liverpool Waters and the proposed Everton stadium.
But building work is already under way on other projects changing the face of the area - from Peel’s initial... read more
- 06:43 Live breaking news: Fire crews fight house fire in Barrow
- 06:41 Middlesbrough turn down £6m Aston Villa offer for Jordan Rhodes -...
- 06:41 Steven Gerrard: Liverpool have to keep this star at Anfield
- 06:41 Thierry Henry: This Arsenal star could join Bayern Munich - Here’s why
- 06:40 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
- 06:40 Search to find Rushden’s unsung heroes
- 06:40 Tributes paid to former ET worker
- 06:40 Reassurance for Wellingborough residents concerned by number of...
- 06:39 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:39 Horrific injuries after yob hurled brick through taxi window
- 06:39 Look: Raider holds knife to throat of Co-op worker in robbery
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock