From bird to babe, the 20 sexist ‘pet names’ women want to ban
Bird, doll and babe have been voted the most hated ‘pet names’ that women want to see banned.
The ‘nicknames’ came top in a list of the 20 sexist ‘pet names’ women want to ditch.
More than 2,000 women were surveyed by Special K as part of its new ‘Strength is..’ campaign and most said they found a number of pet names derogatory.
MORE: Young women at staggeringly high risk of anxiety and depression Bitchy, hormonal, high maintenance and ball breaker were amongst those that women called inappropriate.
People are claiming that this strange Japanese eel advert is really sexist The poll also... read more
- 15:08 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:09 Magpie Recipe: Hake, wild mushroom, wild garlic & sherry cream
- 15:08 Prestigious award for franchisee
- 15:08 Training new generation of technologists
- 15:08 Two pharma companies collaborate
- 15:08 Containers given a new life on shore
- 15:07 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 15:07 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 15:07 Thieves target ATM at Banbury Co-op 'with exploding foam'
- 15:07 Burton Albion players deliver coaching sessions at Stanton School...
- 15:06 Prison sentence quashed for Sutton Bridge man caught with indecent...
- 15:06 Manhunt launched after 59 burglaries across the region including...
- 15:06 Spen cadets know the drill
- 15:06 We think this teenager may have failed her driving test
- 15:05 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:05 Inspector Darren McKie guilty of wife's murder
- 15:05 Premier League big six transfer spend by position: Where has all...
- 15:05 Revealed: What these 6 common stomach pains mean and how to fix...
- 15:04 Prezzo to shut 94 restaurants with 500 jobs axed
- 15:04 Teenage asylum seeker jailed for life over Parsons Green Tube bomb
- 15:04 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 15:04 £70 million bid boost for Grantham road plan
- 15:03 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:02 Dutch police detain 25 England fans overnight after drunken...
- 15:02 Afghanistan hold nerve to beat Ireland and reach Cricket World Cup
- 15:02 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:00 Scientist's store of rhino semen could save rare species
- 15:00 Parsons Green tube bomber Ahmed Hassan jailed for life
- 15:00 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 14:59 St Walburge's opened armed welcome back for resident peregrine falcons