Fresh calls for lowering of drink-drive limit
1 Have your say Road safety and health experts along with the emergency services have called on the Government to lower the drink-drive limit in England and Wales.
The move follows new statistics which show that drink-driving figures have shown no improvement since 2010.
The figure of 240 people killed in collisions where at least one driver was over the drink-drive limit is unchanged from 2013.
The new campaign for a lower limit is being led by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) and supported by a number of stakeholders including the RAC Foundation, the AA, IAM RoadSmart Brake, PACTS... read more
- 16:48 Derby has one of the fastest moving property markets in UK
- 16:48 Traffic chaos in West Yorkshire following closure of M62
- 16:48 Delays on West Yorkshire motorway after collision
- 16:47 Liz Truss reprimands magistrate who released information to...
- 16:47 Spalding nature reserve volunteers rewarded
- 16:46 Sam Allardyce in frame for Wolves job: Former England boss could...
- 16:46 David Moyes asked if he still has support of Sunderland owner…...
- 16:45 2017 BMW 5 Series details revealed – and prototype driven)
- 16:45 Trick or treat? Children will consume more than 3,000 calories just...
- 16:45 Delays on West Yorkshire motorway after collision
- 16:44 Appeal after car torched in Brierfield
- 16:44 Delays on West Yorkshire motorway after collision
- 16:44 Teen arrested over Huyton shooting that followed street row
- 16:44 THE BIG READ: Lincolnshire County Council says ‘No Deal’ as £450...
- 16:44 Looking for something spooky? Come along to a charity Halloween...
- 16:44 High speed crash after driver U-turns on a dual carriageway
- 16:44 South Tyneside woman and toddler hurt by falling glass
- 16:43 Contraceptive jabs for men may work - but what about the male pill?
- 16:43 Military jets escort passenger plane to Prestwick Airport
- 16:43 Schoolboy lifeguard rushed into sea to help Polish family in riptide
- 16:41 Mother otter keeps her newborn pup dry in the cutest way possible
- 16:40 Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- 16:40 Trapped in Serbia, migrants seek refuge in derelict warehouse
- 16:38 Sunderland Qashqai deal worth £30billion to North East
- 16:36 Scott Brown hails Brendan Rodgers' philosophy and admits he didn't...
- 16:34 Mel and Sue sign up for new BBC Saturday night show
- 16:34 Growth and inflation stir in euro zone, but ECB wants to know if it...
- 16:33 Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas inadvertently mocks Arsenal while...
- 16:33 Schoolboy lifeguard rushed into sea to help Polish family in riptide
- 16:33 Carers looking after vulnerable people in Northamptonshire urged to...