Fresh calls for lowering of drink-drive limit
0 Have your say Road safety and health experts along with the emergency services have called on the government to lower the drink-drive limit in England and Wales.
The move follows new statistics which show that drink-driving figures have shown no improvement since 2010.
The figure of 240 people killed in collisions where at least one driver was over the drink-drive limit is unchanged from 2013.
The new campaign for a lower limit is being led by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) and supported by a number of stakeholders including the RAC Foundation, the AA, IAM RoadSmart Brake, PACTS... read more
- 12:09 You could earn £50,000 working for the RAC
- 12:09 What TV channel is Manchester City vs Manchester United on? Derby...
- 12:09 Nottingham-made website Profit Accumulator claims to remove all...
- 12:08 Launch of Valley author’s debut novel
- 12:08 Hartlepool teen who battled back from two brain operations calls on...
- 12:08 Government urged to end 'secrets' over Orgreave and give former...
- 12:08 Pupils at South Shields school tuck into healthy food in Five A Day...
- 12:07 Girl, 17, and two men quizzed by police after shots fired at homes...
- 12:06 Disney's Frozen 2 has FINALLY been given a release date
- 12:05 Northumberland Livestock
- 12:05 Printing error leads to some postal votes being done again
- 12:05 Happy 100th birthday Ethel
- 12:05 Protestors lodge last-ditch plans
- 12:05 A fabulous feast for folk at Filey festival
- 12:04 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 12:04 Knights of St. Columba present £1,200 charity cheques
- 12:04 Traders set the stalls out on big market move
- 12:04 Antisocial behaviour in Cumbrian town to be addressed
- 12:03 Airbus CEO calls Austria fraud probe political abuse of system
- 12:03 AstraZeneca hopes to escape drug sales trough in second half
- 12:03 REVIEW: Catching the early bird at The Sparling Barton is highly...
- 12:03 Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish drops out of Dragons' Den...
- 12:02 Harry’s flying high ahead of 90th birthday glider flight
- 12:01 Knife crime rises 14% as downward trend reverses
- 12:01 How to spot an email phishing scam
- 12:01 SLIDESHOW: Scouts parade through Brighouse for St George’s Day
- 12:01 "Have I been sacked? No!" Radio Sheffield host Toby Foster responds...
- 12:00 Change to parking charges at Peterlee Community Hospital
- 12:00 Diesel scrappage scheme and toxin tax – How much will it cost, when...
- 12:00 Neymar believes Manchester United are prepared to buy out his...