Fresh calls for lowering of drink-drive limit
0 Have your say Road safety and health experts along with the emergency services have called on the Government to lower the drink-drive limit in England and Wales. The move follows new statistics which show that drink-driving figures have shown no improvement since 2010.
The figure of 240 people killed in collisions where at least one driver was over the drink-drive limit is unchanged from 2013.
The new campaign for a lower limit is being led by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) and supported by a number of stakeholders including the RAC Foundation, the AA, IAM RoadSmart Brake, PACTS... read more
- 16:00 Two people arrested in human trafficking probe in Wirral
- 16:00 Traffic at a standstill as fallen tree blocks Sutton Coldfield road
- 15:59 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 15:59 Lead Tory rebel accepts Brexit 'meaningful vote' compromise
- 15:59 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 15:59 Rashan Charles's death after police chase was accident, jury finds
- 15:58 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:58 Children's cough syrup recalled over mould fears
- 15:58 World Cup Power Rankings: The 20 best players of the tournament so...
- 15:56 Women reveal what it’s like to live with polycystic ovary syndrome
- 15:56 The future's female? 2000AD's all-women special
- 15:56 Kasbah confirm closure - but all is not as it seems
- 15:56 NBA London 2019: Washington Wizards to face the New York Knicks
- 15:56 High winds restrict work on Carlisle's derelict Central Plaza Hotel
- 15:56 We are doing so much cocaine that eels in our rivers are totally wired
- 15:56 Bury's four most wanted — June 20, 2018
- 15:56 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:55 Championship duo chase £3m Middlesbrough man - reports
- 15:54 Victor Lindelof injury: Pontus Jansson reveals how Man Utd star...
- 15:54 Liverpool fans LOVE what WWE star chanted at hostile London crowd...
- 15:53 MPs tell Asda and Sainsbury's merger was 'financial fix'
- 15:53 2018/19 Premier League away trips will see Burnley FC fans drive...
- 15:53 Woman, 60s, dies after being hit by double decker bus
- 15:53 LIVE: All the latest comings and goings from League One and League Two
- 15:53 Driving instructor's uninsured son crashed during police chase...
- 15:52 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 15:52 'Mr Sleek' to take on Great Birmingham Run after losing five stone
- 15:52 Funding agreed for parking improvements
- 15:52 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:52 Man from Bradford faces terrorism charges