Fresh calls for lowering of drink-drive limit
0 Have your say Road safety and health experts along with the emergency services have called on the Government to lower the drink-drive limit in England and Wales. The move follows new statistics which show that drink-driving figures have shown no improvement since 2010.
The figure of 240 people killed in collisions where at least one driver was over the drink-drive limit is unchanged from 2013.
The new campaign for a lower limit is being led by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) and supported by a number of stakeholders including the RAC Foundation, the AA, IAM RoadSmart Brake, PACTS... read more
- 16:07 Freshney Place branded 'diabolical' after allowing M&S to set up...
- 16:06 Fabricio Werdum responds to Luke Rockhold's callout, trolls former...
- 16:06 Sanchez? Wenger? Ozil? Bookies reveal who is most likely to leave...
- 16:06 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 16:05 Leicester house prices rising faster than every capital city of the...
- 16:05 Magpies boss Jansen targets home rule
- 16:05 Lancaster slimmer appears on Channel 4 documentary
- 16:05 Golf buggy maker hopes to create 50 jobs
- 16:05 Keen cook scoops scholarship
- 16:05 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chess champions at Gipsey Bridge
- 16:05 Flowers for police after Westminster terror attack
- 16:04 WATCH: Councillor vows to fill in 'dangerous' potholes plaguing...
- 16:04 Chairman of Burton Soup Kitchen speaks of 'disgusted' after camera...
- 16:03 Who will leave Chelsea this summer? The five Blues stars most...
- 16:03 Dashcam footage appeal after Holywell police incident
- 16:03 Masked machete-wielding men imprison couple in Derbyshire farmhouse...
- 16:03 Hunt for missing sex offender
- 16:03 Flowers sent to Kirklees Police after terror attacks in capital...
- 16:02 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 16:02 Tiny eye moments that give away if you’re lying
- 16:01 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:01 Infineon raises 2017 outlook on stronger automotive orders
- 16:00 Education trust running Hartlepool and Sunderland schools announces...
- 16:00 Police helicopter bids final farewell
- 16:00 See Sunderland schoolboy dice with danger clinging to moving bus
- 16:00 Paul Merson reveals who he wants to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal
- 16:00 Manchester United tell Real Madrid: Forget David De Gea or we will...
- 16:00 BREAKING: First picture of young Sheffield dad stabbed to death
- 16:00 Lawyer who stole £4m from clients and Church jailed for seven years