Fresh calls for 'danger stretch' to be included in A1 improvement plan
Fresh calls have been made to improve a “dangerous stretch” of the A1.
Berwick North councillor Gavin Jones has urged Highways England to start work on the Mousen Bends stretch of road, near Belford in Northumberland.
The section is regarded as one of the most dangerous after two people died in two separate collisions in the last decade.
The Government has already allocated £290m to dual a busy 13-mile stretch between Morpeth and Ellingham - but the work does not go as far as Mousen Bends.
A £14m plan had been drawn up to dual a three-mile section of single carriageway between Belford and... read more
- 11:28 Quarterly survey’s good start
- 11:28 Very colourful way to learn
- 11:27 Kettering woman cleared of sexual assault on boy
- 11:27 Northants County Council’s £2.5m redundancy payouts in past year
- 11:27 Paul O’Grady pays tribute to ‘Mr Showbiz’ Dale Winton and dishes on...
- 11:26 Walter Moody: Alabama executes 83-year-old
- 11:26 Three arrested following ram raid on Co-op in Long Bennington and...
- 11:25 Lorry fire at Sainsbury's roundabout in Chester causing heavy traffic
- 11:24 Eden Project boss confirms plans for “world class” experience in...
- 11:24 ELDC calls on Lloyds Bank to reconsider its decision to withdraw...
- 11:24 Man denies murdering wife at family home in Halifax
- 11:24 Lincolnshire Police officer hits headlines after posting racy...
- 11:24 Lani Blair breaks silence amid Tristan Thompson ‘cheating’ scandal...
- 11:23 From 'very heated moments' with Sir Alex Ferguson to war of words...
- 11:23 Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal: The changing face of Gunners'...
- 11:23 Caring students in charity boost
- 11:23 Arsene Wenger will be remembered at Arsenal as a manager who...
- 11:23 Dream place at sport acdaemy
- 11:23 Global coup lands Kate a double first
- 11:22 Cash for Kids aims to raise funds for Kelis
- 11:22 Toddler got leg trapped in bed
- 11:22 Two people taken to hospital after crash
- 11:21 Arson attacks on homes rising in Warwickshire
- 11:21 Reports of an explosion
- 11:21 Police divers return to Cavendish Dock amid ongoing investigation...
- 11:21 Film reviews: Funny Cow | The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie...
- 11:20 ELDC calls on Lloyds Bank to reconsider its decision to withdraw...
- 11:20 Toddler got leg trapped in bed
- 11:20 Arson attacks on homes rising in Warwickshire
- 11:19 VIDEO: Man sent to prison after car chase through Rugby town centre