Fresh appeal to stay away from busy Wigan A&E
Patients are again being urged not to go to Wigan Infirmary’s A&E department unless it is a serious and life-threatening emergency.
Hospital bosses are reminding people to seek treatment elsewhere if possible after another surge in demand for its services.
People who do go to the A&E unit whose condition is not considered to be serious are warned it is “very likely” they will have to wait more than four hours to see a doctor.
It is the latest appeal by Wrightington, Wigan And Leigh NHS Foundation Trust after an increase in the number of people attending A&E.
Mary Fleming,... read more
- 14:00 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:00 Barcelona to report Malaga president Abdullah Al-Thani after...
- 14:00 Javier Mascherano has never shrunk from anything in seven glorious...
- 14:00 Man hit by rock is ‘improving’
- 14:00 You have just ONE WEEK to spend your old paper £5 notes
- 14:00 Tony Ferguson slams Nate Diaz: He's all on Conor McGregor's d**k!
- 14:00 National Lottery results: Winning Lotto numbers for tonight's...
- 13:59 How ELO play a vital part in new blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- 14:00 UKIP candidate will stand for Wales
- 13:59 Could Aston Villa sponsor the Aston Expressway?
- 13:59 Spineless SFA should not 'pass the buck' over child sex abuse –...
- 13:59 Taps aff? Scotland set for a scorcher after May bank holiday as...
- 13:58 Two new businesses move into the Arcade
- 13:57 German soldier posed as Syrian refugee and 'planned attack'
- 13:57 Teacher denied op that could “save her life’’
- 13:56 The 11 stars who could miss Tottenham v Arsenal this Sunday
- 13:56 Caring Darren rasies hundreds for Bassetlaw children’s ward with...
- 13:56 Garage to be rebuilt along with 26 new properties?
- 13:55 Council gives green light to controversial travellers’ site
- 13:55 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 13:54 Plans revealed to expand Isle of Axholme primary school
- 13:54 Winner of EuroMillions prize who bought ticket in Doncaster fails...
- 13:53 Susanna Reid in shock as cameraman DESTROYS Good Morning Britain set
- 13:53 Kim Kardashian says armed robbery was meant to happen in first TV...
- 13:53 Tottenham v Arsenal Combined XI: Would any Gunners make it into the...
- 13:51 Lewis Hamilton opens up on ‘painful’ Bahrain defeat ahead of...
- 13:51 Lloyds bucks expectations of post-Brexit dip as first-quarter...
- 13:50 Pendle sex predator jailed for life
- 13:49 Car-free Channel Island in Avis car hire advert 'gaffe'
- 13:49 Dame Judi: I love Tracey Ullman's 'evil Judi' sketches